April 26, 2014

APRIL 2014 READATHON INTRO POST....GAH! I'M SO EXCITED!!!



One of my favorite bookish days of the year is upon us!
It's Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon, folks!

Sadly, I didn't have a chance to meet Dewey as I started blogging only 2 months after she passed away, but I know I would have adored her because I've heard all about her from those whose lives she touched here in bloggy-land.  One of her amazing gifts to the blogging world was this Readathon.  Twice a year, every year, her friends work their butts off to keep her amazing idea alive.  Thank you to Andi and Heather for bringing us another great Readathon today (and to all those who have done so the past few years!) 


Now, if you haven't seen my stack of books for the Readathon, here it is, complete with one of
 my cats, Sophia, totally photobombing. 

Where are all the cat books? This stack is seriously lacking.

So that's 
Cut by Patricia McCormick,
 The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
and an audiobook of Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody #1) by Elizabeth Peters.

I also have Adaptation by Malinda Lo up on deck on the Kindle.


I also have snacks ready to go:
~Doritos, check
~Nuts and dried fruit mix, check
~Chocolate Pudding, check
~Potato chips, check

But what did I go and forget?  CAFFEINE!!!

#shoppingfail

So I had to go out and get some this morning before the big event!

I also planned ahead and made sure I had some uber-comfy pajamas to wear around the house!  Comfy Clothing is muy importante.  Especially once you get past the Hour 10 mark and the seam on those jeans are making an indent into your butt.

I am also stocked with comfy throws and pillows on my comfy chair that Sophia has taken over for the night.  

Hiding her guilty kitty face.

Does she know how to photobomb or what?  


In addition to reading, I have joined up with #TeamRogue as a cheerleader for the event.  There are lots and lots more participants than expected and not enough cheerleaders to make the rounds evenly.  So maybe you can help out, too, by visiting participating blogs during your breaks today and spreading some of the love around!  Especially to those blogs that signed up in the past few days.  


I will be updating on the blog as the Readathon goes on, but also on Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads, and Tumblr.  


I hope you enjoy your Readathon!  Now, start your engines!  

Ready.....Set....READ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!