March 30, 2014

Quarterly Round-Up


Here are some statistics on what's been happening on the blog since January. This is mostly for my own benefit, I admit.  There are some pretty interesting results that I think will help me in planning the next three months.


BOOKS REVIEWED:

1. The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
2. The Miracle Inspector by Helen Smith
3. Will-O-Wisp by Tom Hammock
4. How to Tame a Willful Wife by Christy English
5. Making Your Own Days by Kenneth Koch
6. The Happiness Project (4-Part Review) by Gretchen Rubin
7. The Undertaking of Lily Chen by Danica Novgorodoff
8. Poison by Bridget Zinn
9. Fashions in the Era of Jane Austen by Jody Gayle
10. Monsters in My Closet by Ruby Urlocker
11. Stillwater by Nicole Helget
12. The Grip of God by Rebecca Hazell
13. Half Bad by Sally Green
14. Cinder by Marissa Mayer


So I have read 28 books, but have reviewed only 14, or half.  I would like to see that percentage increase a bit in the next three months.  I also want to get more creative with my book reviews!



MOST VIEWED BLOG POSTS:
1. Put Together Your Own Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic Team 
2. Women's Lit Event Sign-Ups
3. Thoughts and Quirks About Social Media
4. TSS: I'm not a Book Monogomist, and Resolutions Update
5. Mini-Bloggiesta January: My Goals
6. TSS: Oops I almost forgot the Sunday Salon post!
7. What Do You Think #14: Where Have All the Comments Gone?
8. The Miracle Inspector by Helen Smith 
9. I Went to an Author Event and it was Awesome
10. Women's Lit Event: Author Jade Varden Visits
11. Women's Lit Event: April of The Steadfast Reader
12. Women's Lit Event: Christy English, Author



MOST COMMENTED ON POSTS:

1. Thoughts and Quirks About Social Media
2. What Do You Think #14: Where Have All the Comments Gone?
3. TSS: Oops I almost forgot the Sunday Salon post! 
4. I Went to an Author Event and it was Awesome 
5. TSS: 2014 is off and running!
6. New Year's Resolutions 2014
7. TSS: Reading, Art Journaling, and Me 
8. A Century of Books, or Michelle and Simon Totally Sucked Me into a   Challenge Against My Will
9. Women's Lit Event: Tamara of Traveling with T
10. Cinder by Marissa Mayer


While the posts with the most views varies a little, it is pretty clear that people comment the most on Sunday Salon posts and discussion posts!  That is pretty universal I think for blogs, as people who have commented on my discussions about comments have told me! 


WHAT'S COMING UP IN NEXT 3 MONTHS:


APRIL:
1. National Poetry Month: I will be participating in Serena of Savvy Verse & Wit's Poetry Month Blog Tour on April 9th.  I will also be posting up some of my favorite poems several times a week.  I hope you enjoy! Poetry is universal and I am hoping you find at least one poem that speaks to you during the month.

2. World Book Night: April 23rd is World Book Night. I am participating for the first time this year and I am so psyched.  Is anyone else participating this year?  I am handing out copies of When I Was Puerto Rican by Esmeralda Santiago to teenagers.  I am going to hand them out somewhere near one of the high schools in town.  Fingers crossed it goes well!

3. Dewey's Read-a-Thon: I didn't have the fortune to meet Dewey as she passed away right before I began blogging, but she left an impression and legacy in the book blogging community and we still carry on her invention, the original Read-a-Thon.  It is April 26th and lasts 24 hours.  If you haven't participated before, you need to make it a priority.  It is huge and amazing and will be one of the most fun experiences of your blogging life.

MAY:
1. Armchair BEA clearly!  I am chairing the Commenting Committee this year (which may explain to you my interest in your commenting habits!) along with Tanya of Mom's Small Victories and Chrissy of Punk's House of Books. I am putting the word out now that you totally need to sign up to be a cheerleader this year!  It's gonna be better than ever.



JUNE:
1. Father's Day: I lost my dad 5 years ago January.  For the past five years I have just been sort of trying to get through important dates like this or ignoring it.  It kind of sucks to even get on FB and see everyone's photos with their dads and how they spent the day together.  So this year I am going social media free and I am going to spend the day doing things that remind me of him- flowers and chat at his grave site, play disc golf, play the guitar, watch a classic Western film, and eat a few of his favorite foods.  I think it will be a good tribute.  I will tell you all about it in a blog post afterwards.



Share any thoughts on the post in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!