This week has been fairly productive. I am pretty psyched about that. I wrote 4 reviews in full and finished another review that is 3 posts long(the readalong one). I made good progress on the health front as well as the creative front. And I am delighted that I read 11 books in January. Sweet! I might just beat my goal of 75 books for 2014 if I keep this up!
What I'm Reading:
Books Completed: Ruined by Paula Morris, The Undertaking of Lily Chan by Danica Novgorodoff, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
Books Started: Katya's World by Jonathan L. Howard, The Pain Survival Guide by Dennis C. Turk, and The Grip of God by Rebecca Hazell
What I'm Listening to:
1. Rihanna - Stay
2. Free Energy - Bang Pop
3. The Neighbourhood - Afraid
4. Eliza Doolittle - Skinny Genes
5. Nirvana - Nevermind Album
6. Great Lake Swimmers - Everything is Moving So Fast
7. Pearl Jam - Sirens
8. MC Yogi - Ganesh is Fresh (feat. Jai Uttal)
What I'm Watching:
1. Vampire Diaries and The Originals
2. Downton Abbey
4. I Am - a documentary about what ails the world and how to improve it including interviews with prominent philosophers and spiritual leaders, brought to you by none other than Tom Shadyac of such movies as Liar Liar and Bruce Almighty. It was amazing and I will gush about it to anyone who sits still long enough.
Resolutions: (see my resolutions in full here)
1. Bookish: I finished 3 more books since last week, bringing my total read up to 12. I said 11 above because I started and finished a graphic novel on the 1st. I will confess, however, I am totally failing at my "No more than 1 review book a month" resolution. You start helping people out and it's just a downward spiral of ARCs from there. Sigh.
2. Creative: I drew a face of a person and you could actually tell it was a person! It still looks like an 8-year-old drew it, but hey, it's an improvement. I am really enjoying my art journal project and so glad I decided to take a stab at it! As far as writing, I am writing but it is not any good. At all. Luckily, I don't have to share my bad poetry with anyone. :)
3. Health: I am still progressing in physical therapy. I am well into my strengthening phase of the process. My back is handling a little more than it was a month ago. It is still seriously jammed up though and every time I do strengthening exercises I have to go right into yoga and then heat and pain meds. I'm still getting myofascial release therapy and neuromuscular therapy and I am due for a chiropractic appointment. I go see my pain management doctor Tuesday but I think he will be pleased with my improvements. I haven't had the energy to walk much yet but my PT is teaching me better techniques. After being in pain so long, I have somehow trained my body to walk improperly and I am having to retrain it. It feels silly yet it is really hard!
4. Self-Education: Still working on the meditation front. I am up to 4 minutes now, which is pretty amazing given that a month ago I was at 30 seconds. I gave myself a goal for the year of 6 minutes. Dude, I am going to sail past that. I think I set my bar too low. I also reviewed some Spanish phrases, though I haven't really been focusing too hard on that goal yet, to be honest.
5. Relationships: One of my resolutions was to keep in touch with long-distance friends and yay! I have. I talked to my very best friend the other night for hours and it felt great. She lives 3 hours away and is disabled herself so we don't get to visit very much. Also, I don't know if I forgot to mention this, but I did have dinner with a good friend that has been super busy lately last week as well. I miss my girls and wish we could all get more time together. I also took time this week to remind my closest family and friends that I love them.
6: Random Resolutions: Woohoo! I did something this week from this category. LOL. I cooked 2 meals! I KNOW. I made tacos one night and chicken with risotto the other night. Check me out- I didn't burn anything either!
What have you been up to this week? Share!