Happy Sunday people! How has your week been? Busy? Productive? Slow? Fun? Boring? Interesting? Mine was pretty good though it could've gone a little better. I had a low energy week so I didn't get walks and yoga in like I wanted to, but I did keep up with physical therapy and the myriad of other appointments I had, including getting a custom brace made for my ankle. It should be done in a couple of weeks and I will be paying it off for months lol. The price of wanting to walk, right? I've been reading some good books and getting stuff accomplished on my Resolutions list, though, so I consider it a successful week!
What I'm Reading:
Books Completed: Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix
Books Started: Poison by Bridget Zinn, Away From You by Melanie Finn, Sitka by Louis L'Amour
Books Still Reading: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (for readalong), The Yard by Alex Grecian, Tales of the Jazz Age by F. Scott Fitzgerald
What I'm Listening To:
1. Imagine Dragons
2. Andrew Belle
4. Pearl Jam
5. The Avett Brothers
6. Miranda Lambert
7. Two Door Cinema Club
8. Andrea Bocelli
11. A Fine Frenzy
What have you been listening to?
What I'm Watching:
1. Downton Abbey
2. Part of Season 2 of Don't Trust the B...in Apt. 23
3. I binge watched all of Season 2 of American Horror Story: Asylum last Sunday
What I'm Currently Obsessed With:
1. ART JOURNALING- I picked these up yesterday. I already had the rest of my supplies. So anxious to get started!
|Those are pearlescent watercolors. Fun!|
4. Mindfulness (Concentrating on the present moment using your 5 senses)
6. Roasted Almonds - I can't seem to get enough this week.
7. Daily Lit - I will be starting Siddhartha by Herman Hesse (a re-read) this week.
Resolutions Progress: (see my resolutions in full here)
1. Bookish: I've read 4/75 books for the year. I've read 1357/25000 pages (only includes finished books). I have read zero books that didn't interest me and I read and reviewed only 1 ARC, and that's because I was supposed to do it a long time ago. Oops!
2. Creative: Definite progress on drawing more. I have been drawing as well as taking drawing lessons from Drawspace.com. I am also, as you saw above, working on an art journal. I will share that as it unfolds. I still need to see a man about getting new strings for my ukulele.
3. Health: Made good progress in Physical Therapy again this week. I am blowing my therapist's mind so that's awesome. I told her it's because I totally rock. ;) LOL I've also lost 10 lbs (and counting!). Woohoo!
4. Self-Education: I've been reading up on freelance writing. Now I need to make some writing samples. I am doing much better with meditating and made it to 3 minutes this week! My goal of 6 minutes might have been undershooting it a little but considering a month ago I couldn't do 30 seconds, I wasn't sure! Focusing on a mantra helps me much more than trying to clear my mind completely, which is not going to happen, at least not anytime soon.
5. Relationships: I'm communicating much clearer with John and we are trying to explain our thought processes when the other one is like er...what the what, dude? I'm focusing on taking care of myself and that is making me happier, which in turn makes John happier, and is actually strengthening our relationship. Who knew taking my focus off of him and putting it on myself would actually cement us more?
6. Random Resolutions: I haven't accomplished any of these 5 things yet. But it's still January. There's time. :)
Tell me all about your week!