January 12, 2014

TSS: I'm not a Book Monogamist, and Resolutions Update




What I'm Reading:

Books Completed: The Moonlighter's Guide to Online Writing by Connie Brentford  and The Miracle Inspector by Helen Smith

Books Started: Break into the World of Freelance Writing by Megan Kutchman and Making Your Own Days: The Pleasures of Reading and Writing Poetry by Kenneth Koch

Still Reading: The Yard by Alex Grecian, Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (2nd reading), Change Your Thinking by Sarah Edelman, Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5),  Tales of the Jazz Age(Short Stories) by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Jazz Age January), The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (Group Readalong)


What I'm Listening to:
I have put together a 16+ hour playlist on Spotify called "Songs to Read By" that is full of cool, mostly instrumental songs that range from classical to rock to jazz to techno.  It is what I have been playing the most.  Come find me on Spotify and you can listen to it, too.

Other than that I've been listening to a lot of:
1. Two Door Cinema Club
2. Miles Davis
3. Nirvana
4. The Mynabirds ("Generals" is my favorite)
5. Passenger
6. Lorde
7. R.E.M.
8. He's My Brother She's My Sister (you NEED to get in on this cult following of this folk-pop band)
9. DMX
10. Thirteen Senses (the song "Into the Fire")


What I'm Watching:

1. Watched the auditions of The Taste, I love this show
2. Watched most of season 1 of The Carrie Diaries on Netflix.  I tuned in to see if it really was like a pre-Sex in the City Carrie Bradshaw, and it totally is.  They explain how she got the idea for using the oven for storage, how she first got into writing, falling in love with Manhattan, when she fell in love with shoes.  Pretty interesting for SITC fans plus interesting in its own right.
3. Also watched Amelie with Audrey Tautou.  I love this adorable, quirky, mood-lifting movie.  If you haven't seen it, get to it, tout suite!


4. OBVIOUSLY I watched the season premier of Downton Abbey.  WHAT WAS WITH NANNY WEST!?!  Looking forward to tonight's episode.  


What I am Currently Obsessed With:

1. Downton Abbey (obvi)
2. The bath salts I made.  My baths are so much more soothing.
3. Dolores Umbridge (what IS her damage?)
4. Poetry - I wrote my first poem in years on Thursday.  It felt really really good.
5. Lotion - My hands are soo dry in the winter.



Resolutions Progress:  (see my resolutions in full here)

1. Health: Yoga Class on Monday that was a Deep Stretch class and I loved all 75 minutes of it; had my PT evaluation and I got passed through to the next step which is strengthening; also got a cortisone shot in my ankle that has arthritis and a cyst and while it got worse at first, now it feels great!  Next step is taking a long walk and seeing how it holds up.

2. I went to a meeting Tuesday night with the local Jaycees on making/keeping Resolutions.  They have a program called Accountabili-buddies on FB where you can find someone to take a class with or walk with or just call and ask for motivation!  Plus we will meet in a couple months to see how we are doing on all of our various resolutions.

3. I read one more book this week, albeit it was less than 80 pages.  Plus I've read hundreds of pages in my other books I'm reading.  

4. More writing, since I wrote a poem this week and I have been reading 2 books on freelance writing and one on reading/writing poetry.  I am also going to a writer's meeting this afternoon.  Not been to this particular kind of meeting with them so not sure what to expect.  I think there might be a speaker.

5. It wasn't one of my resolutions but I am so much more organized this year thanks to my handy dandy planner I am carrying around in my purse.  And the fact that I am actually keeping it updated is helping tremendously. ;)






What have you been up to this week??

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, hope the writer's meeting is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to check out your list of songs on Spotify. I've never created a list there. Yours sounds perfect.

    Here's my Dreaming of Paris post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accountabili-buddies sounds like a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have to say I'm impressed with your progress on your resolutions and that you're keeping track of them here each week. I hope you can continue that throughout the year. Maybe you'll even inspire me to give an update at least once a month. You're just all kinds of inspiring this weekend :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You are taking on a lot. I'm still in the considering stage of what I want to take on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week I started working out--woohooo--and I'm gearing up to self-publish a novella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so exciting! I didn't realize you were so close to being finished! I can't wait.

      Delete
  7. Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with regarding online writing. Thanks a bunch for mentioning my book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!