This week has been so uneventful compared to last week that I couldn't believe it was Sunday again already! But here we are, the first Sunday of the new year.
I am going to try out the format I used from last Sunday and make it a weekly thing. I am also going to add in updates from my Resolutions so that I can keep track of my progress, or my lack there-of and my need to kick things into gear!
I did finish my first read of the year, although it wasn't the first book I started this year. I began Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix but at 800+ pages I am just under halfway done. My first finished book ended up being Niccolo Machiavelli's The Prince, a classic and important handbook on power and politics at only 160 pages. Though I will say HP is more entertaining to read. :)
What I'm Reading:
Books Completed: The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
Books Started: Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5), The Miracle Inspector by Helen Smith, Tales of the Jazz Age (Short Stories) by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Jazz Age January), The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (Group Readalong)
Still Reading: The Yard by Alex Grecian, Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (2nd reading), Change Your Thinking by Sarah Edelman
What I'm Listening to:
I wish Spotify had a way to track how many times I listened to certain songs, but these are the ones I specifically made sure were in my queue:
1. Little Talk by Of Monsters and Men
2. Stone in My Heart by Graffiti 6
3. Say Something by A Great Big World
4. Rescue by Yuna
5. Wake Me Up by Avicii
6. If I Had a Heart by Fever Ray (which you may recognize as the theme song to Vikings or from one of the creepiest scenes in The Following)
7. Here's to Us by Halestorm
8. Kernkraft 400 - DJ Gius Mix, Radio Edit by Zombie Nation
9. Move, Shake, Drop by DJ Laz
10. This Head I Hold by Electric Guest
11. Team by Lorde
12. Born to Die by Lana Del Ray
13. Pompeii by Bastille
14. Let Her Go by Passenger
15. Sail by Awolnation
What I'm Watching:
I caught up on my TV New Year's Day, I think it was, so I actually have something to add here. I haven't watched a movie or tv show since I don't believe. I watched the latest episodes (a couple had 2-3 episodes to watch) from The Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, New Girl, Modern Family, Face Off, Hart of Dixie, and Reign.
Who else is excited for DOWNTON ABBEY tonight????
What I am Currently Obsessed With:
YOME - This site has 100% free online yoga videos for all levels. This is great because I have not felt like venturing out into the cold night to go to yoga this week!
Horizon Organic 1% Chocolate Milk (better choice than soda when I'm tired of water), my pretty new journal for keeping track of my books (picture on Instagram), the sale on beauty products at Victoria's Secret, what! what! (love their scented lotions!), going on more walks (more on this in a minute!), and starting the New Year off right.
1. In case you missed me full-out blabbering about it on Facebook, I was very excited to walk a mile at the gym Thursday. I am very happy to be making progress once again and it is thanks to my new doctor, the physical therapy, and the ankle brace to keep my ankle from turning over when I walk. Plus sheer stubbornness. Take that, pain!
2. I haven't played any guitar/ukelele yet but I did find a website called Justin Guitar that has free lessons on chords and songs. Now to just get a new box of strings and figure out how to tune the thing...
3. I took a lesson with Drawspace.com on art techniques and terms. I didn't draw any this week, somehow, which is a bit unusual for me lately, but I did do this today and there are many more free lessons to take. The instructor is a professional artist who I think I can learn a lot from. She teaches in a very positive and encouraging way and makes me feel that I, too, can be an incredible artist.
4. The eating healthier resolution has not started off with a bang, but I have been making healthier swaps, which is better than nothing. I am drinking more water, and a lot less soda. I have been choosing salads more instead of carb-heavy foods. I have somehow managed to lose 10 pounds even though it's been the holidays, too!
5. I've been laughing this week and talking with good friends online who have been supportive and encouraging.
6. I finished one book toward my goal of 75 and it was from my TBR pile!
What have you been up to this week??