December 29, 2013

Sunday Salon: Christmas, Spotify, and Obsessions




This week has been crazy what with Christmas, company, etc.  But as crazy as it gets, I still enjoy it.  My sister and brother-in-law have been in town since Christmas Day.  They came in with my BIL's brother (who stayed just 2 days but who gives THE best presents considering this was only his 2nd Christmas) and we had Christmas on the 26th.  Today my sisters, BIL, and mother went down to Charlotte and went crib shopping at IKEA and then to the Gap Maternity store at Northlake Mall.  She is 19 weeks and is barely showing.  I can't wait to see pictures when she finally begins to really show.  She is the size of a needle so it will be super cute looking.  They live in L.A. now so we won't see them again until after the baby is born.  

Other than that, Sandie of Booksie's Blog, and I went and saw a unique Christmas Carol rendition put on by the NC Shakespeare Company.  At first we thought we were seeing a full play but Sandie realized the tickets said a reading, so we were a little concerned. Turns out it was a fundraiser because the economy is even hitting NC Shakes. There was no set and there were no costumes, but the acting was phenomenal.  The man who played Scrooge should be on Broadway.  He was just amazing.  I am so glad we went!  Then Sandie gave me a huge stack of books that she was giving away anyway, so Merry Christmas to me!  I need to return the favor now!


What I've Been Reading: Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling, Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (2nd reading, still adore it), The Yard by Alex Grecian, and Christmas Treasury (a collection of short stories for families that I finished yesterday.)  I'm supposed to also be reading A White Wind Blew by James Markert, but as interesting as it is, I can't get into it enough to grab the book up when I get a chance.  It is such an interesting tale of a doctor/musician who works at a TB hospital during the early 1900s, but it is so slooooooooooooooooooooooooow.  *Sigh*


What I've Been Listening to: Spotify is my new best friend.  I love it.  In my opinion it is far superior to Pandora because I can choose radio or I can listen to playlists I've made and pick and choose when I want to listen to songs.  There are not very many commercials and they are short.  Mostly what I've been listening to is Holiday Music. :)


What I've Been Watching: The Polar Express, Charlie Brown's Christmas, a couple other Christmas movies not worth mentioning, and I've been binge watching Leverage as well as Don't Trust the B....in Apt. 23.  So sad that it only has 2 seasons.


What I am Currently Obsessed With: Yogalates (a combo of yoga and pilates), coloring pages (I like coloring, it's fun!), my Mediterranean Verbena candle, Ron Weasley, bath salts (I made them!), and I'm still pretty obsessed with my new bed I got in November. :)


What have you been up to this week?

18 comments:

  1. Yogalates? Hmmm. What will they think of next? ...well, I guess not this. :)

    And I was really interested in what those other movies were that you thought weren't listing? Can you list them here now please? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing yoga for 10 years so yoga and pilates combo seems like a good way to keep my interest up. :)

      The movies weren't worth mentioning because I am too lazy today to go look up what they were called, Bryan. lol But I will try to remember to get a list for you later.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! Having a new baby arrive will be so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot tell you how excited I am that you are reading Harry Potter! I adore those books and I adore Ron Weasley! He is by far my favorite, though I do love so many others as well.

    I'm glad to hear you had a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron is my fave, too! Love the sarcastic wit. He says everything that I would lol.

      Delete
    2. Oh and I got your card in the mail! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I adore Spotify too. can't understand why people like Pandora. could never get into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Pandora always plays odd choices. I don't think their algorithm works as well as they think it does.

      Delete
  5. Yogalates hasn't reached this part of Wales yet but it sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yogalates? Probably not for me...but it sounds as if it could be fun if you are very limber and fit. Have fun! Spotify I have to check out....love music. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little limber but I wouldn't call myself fit! You don't really have to be either to do it, you get more so the more you do it though. I have modified poses to help with my spine condition and it works great since I can't do more high-impact exercise. Definitely check out both yoga and Spotify!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a terrific Christmas season! I like Spotify, too. I've always been too cheap to buy digital music, so this was my first experience of making my own playlists (well, first since I was young enough to have the patience to make mix tapes). It's been great fun!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is your first reading of Harry Potter? That's exciting! The fourth book is when I really started getting into the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just devoured the 4th book, finished it this morning! I think I've seen the 5th movie but I can't remember it well (except for the big death) and so I am eager to get reading on it!

      Delete
  9. I noticed you were reading Harry Potter. Yay!!! :) If I had more will this time of year, I would totally read them around Christmas, but alas, I usually read them in the summer. I hope you enjoy...along with that new bed! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!