November 14, 2013

Is a Change Gonna Come?

I am going through some challenges in my personal life. I am in the midst of a transitional period.  As you know if you have been keeping up with me on Facebook or Twitter or if you've been a long-time reader of the blog, I have a plethora of health issues. Since the spring I have been going through an intense amount of pain and whenever it begins to improve, something is thrown into the mix and I regress again.  However, I will persevere and one day I will win more battles than I lose.

With that said, I have been trying to decide for myself whether I really want to continue blogging.  I have been reading but the thought of writing a review seems boring (gasp!) and I think I need a new approach to blogging in order to kick start my mojo, if you will. 

I am contemplating creating a blog that goes beyond books and book reviews and book news and stretches into all kinds of things I am interested in.  I have so many more interests than reading and I would like to explore them.  I have thoughts on so many subjects that I have no platform for.  I want a blog where I can write whatever the hell I want to and not worry that it is not book-related.  I realize this may turn some readers off but you can’t please everyone, right? So better please yourself first and the readers will come.
 

If or when I decide to make this transition I hope you will follow me.  Because I adore all of you who give even the tiniest care what I have to say here.  This has been a wonderful nearly 5 years (in January) and I hate to see it come to an end.  But how can I keep it going if it is not satisfying anymore?   

10 comments:

  1. Just because your blog is named Lost in Books doesn't mean all of your posts have to be book related. You can write about whatever you want! I say mix things up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Bermuda. I write about what tickles my fancy on my blog. It's soooo freeing.

      Delete
  2. I agree with BermudaOnion. I just transitioned to posting about more than books, and honestly - gain or lose followers - it doesn't matter, because doing this - expanding topics - makes me happy :-)

    And throwing magic fairy dust your way to help you with the health issues.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bermuda Onion. You already have a blog where you can write about whatever you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Co-sign on all of the abive. Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging has to be fun. I agree with everyone else - just do what you want and your passion will shine through and make it interesting. Posts written when your bored will never be as exciting as ones you really want to write. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's your blog so do what YOU want! This is a page you created and you should be able to share whatever you feel like sharing. I look forward to whatever you decide to post later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the others! You don't need to start a whole new blog. Just use this one! Either way, you know I would be in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!