I don't know if you've noticed but I have been SUPER TERRIBLE at getting reviews written as of late. I don’t know why but whenever I start trying to put my thoughts and feelings into coherent sentences, the coherent part goes AWOL.
Okay, okay, so does the sentence part.
I have a serious backlog of reviews to be written for books I've read, spanning back to the beginning of summer.
I know! Yikes! But I am going to try to get some knocked out in the next few weeks before the holidays come and I have my 2nd annual Holiday Post and Giveaway Extravaganza with all the coordinated guest posts and getting giveaways set up. Which, actually, takes a while and I need to get started on as well....
Okay, no freaking out, Rebecca! You can do this. You can get it done! You’re awesome! It will be no big deal. (Why yes, I AM giving myself a blogging pep talk. Don’t judge.)
Here are the books I have read already I need to review before the end of the year:
- Candide by Voltaire
- Drinking with Dead Drunks and Drinking with Dead Women Writers by Elaine Ambrose and A.K. Turner
- The Olive Fairy Book by Andrew Lang
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Hetaera: Daughter of the Gods by J.A. Coffey
- The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
- Outrageous Acts & Everyday Rebellions by Gloria Steinem
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (along with movie review)
- Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs by Elissa Wall
- How to Tame a Willful Wife by Christy English
- Oh Gad! By Joanne C. Hillhouse
- Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea Handler
And this isn't even taking into account I have more to add that I am reading currently and that I will be reading before the end of the year. I have 3-4 publisher/author requested books still to read plus trying to finish up as many reading challenges as I can. I like having those goals though this year I am cutting it seriously close.
So time to get my bootie in gear and get some reviews written!
So I can look like this:
What about you? Do you have a backlog of reviews or something else that you need to get done on your blog?