October 17, 2013

Bloggiesta, Book Bloggers Discussion Group, and More

So if you haven't been on Google Plus lately, or at all, then you are missing out on some really cool communities that are over there. 

One, of course, that I will shamelessly plug as always, is the group I started and that Bryan @ Still Unfinished runs with me, the Book Bloggers Discussion Group.  If you don’t know what it is, it is a group for book bloggers only (no authors or publishers or literary agents allowed) where we discuss everything from the books we are reading (or want to read), to how to pump up our book blog designs; from what we think of new publishing trends, to testing out new blog features and getting feedback.  It’s a great little community and I hope you check it out!

Another awesome community is the new Bloggiesta community that Suey of It’s All About Books has started.  Bloggiesta, of course, is the kick ass challenge that comes along a few times a year to help motivate you to take time to work on the technical side of your blog- cleaning up sidebars, updating blog rolls, getting back logs of reviews written, re-designing your blog buttons, cleaning up your tags, all kinds of things.  Bloggiesta has several mini-events and Twitter parties and things going on these days that the Google Plus community will be a very helpful forum for keeping up with all things Bloggiesta!  Definitely check it out. 

Also, there is a Bloggiesta Twitter Party going on tomorrow night (Friday, the 15th) at 9pm Eastern!  I am planning on being there as well!

For a confession, I am only on Google Plus for the communities.  I don't really like anything else about Google Plus, but the communities are so awesome, I come just for them.  I hope you will, too!



Are you a member of either of these communities?  What do you think of them? 

If you aren't, are you a member of other bookish communities on Google Plus?


Do you think you will try out any of the book blogging communities?

3 comments:

  1. I don't really like Google Plus but I am intrigued by the sound of the Bloggiesta community as there are loads of improvements I'd like to try on my blog, providing I can take time away from real life and reading to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the plug! I'll see you tomorrow night at the chat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you -- not a big G+ fan, except for the communities! I'm super new to both of the ones you mention here, but so far so good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!