September 2, 2013

What I'm Reading: Summer Edition


This summer has absolutely positively flown by!  

I have spent most of it writing a book and I really am in love with the characters.  Elements of the plot are constantly being revised, though! lol  I spent a week at Myrtle Beach with my friend, which was nice since I haven't been to the beach in YEARS.  I am so grateful I got to go with her.  I spent a lot of time catching up on TV because my back and right hip have been fussy all summer long.  I don't know if I need more surgery or what, but I have a lot to talk about at my next neurologist appointment.  In the meantime, I am taking Physical Therapy and doing yoga, chasing that with a Vicodin and praying that there is a solution for all of the pain.  It gets really annoying, you understand. 

I've not been blogging so much, you may have noticed.  I am spending so much creative energy on my book that I don't have a lot left over for blogging.  Plus, a lot of personal and relationship stuff happened this summer.  J and I are okay, but, unfortunately, we are both in a less than ideal situation.  Big time bummer.  But I am hoping to get back into blogging more in the next couple of months.


I haven't done any of these updates all summer, so here's a wrap-up of the season that I am sad to see gone by!  Come back, summer!!


JUNE:


Girls I Know

Girls I Know by Douglas Trevor
Pages: 336

And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)

And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander
Pages: 321

Candide

Candide by Voltaire
Pages: 122


Nightmares and Dreams (Book 1)

Nightmares and Dreams by JamieLynn Boothe
Pages: ??


Pages Read in June: 779 
(Not including Nightmares and Dreams because I can't find page numbers for it.)


JULY:


Divergent (Divergent, #1)

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Pages: 487



The Green Ticket

The Green Ticket by Samantha March
Pages: 326

The Queen's Vow: A Novel Of Isabella Of Castile

The Queen's Vow: A Novel of Isabella of Castile by C.W. Gortner
Pages: 400

HETAERA: Daughter of the Gods

Hetaera: Daughter of the Gods by J.A. Coffey
Pages: 356


Pages Read in July: 1569



AUGUST:
Blue Violet (Svatura, #1)
Blue Violet by Abigail Owen
Pages: 260


The Blue Fairy Book

The Blue Fairy Book, edited by Andrew Lang
Pages: 390

The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1)

The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
Pages: 432

The Tudor Conspiracy (The Spymaster Chronicles, #2)

The Tudor Conspiracy by C.W. Gortner
Pages: 352

Drinking with Dead Drunks

Drinking with Dead Drunks by Elaine Ambrose and A.K. Turner
Pages: 119



Pages Read in August: 1553



TOTAL Pages Read This Summer:  3901




What did you read this summer?  How many books?  

Which was your favorite?  Which your least favorite?  Share in the comments!!


7 comments:

  1. I've read about 25 books this summer. I've had a few favorites, but probably the top one goes to Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. My least favorite, sad to say since the author recently passed away, was Raylan by Elmore Leonard. However, I'd still like to read some of his earlier works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a few of these-which was your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read 13 books this summer, compared to last year was better. I think working nights causing me to read slower. My favorite is Golem and the Jenni. But, also Beth Hoffman, Looking for You, Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah, and Don't Go by Lisa Scottoline.

    On a side note, I live in the Myrtle Beach area. I would have loved to get together with you and talk books, and blogging. Hope the next time you are in the area, please let me know and we can get together and I can show you a few sites. We seriously who live in the South should try someday to get a group together to meet. It would be a grand old time, Becca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really enjoyed The Queen's Vow. That's our only overlapping book this summer.

    Summer was great for me, reading-wise anyway ;) 49 books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is this type of interesting thing with this post of yours. I had been interested with all the topic along with the flow in the story. Keep up to date the truly amazing work.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I've only gotten through 9 books this summer, a lot for me anyway. I am on a roll now so let's hope I can keep the momentum going! I loved Divergent, what did you think?

    Myrtle Beach! So much fun, you'll have to make sure to get back to the beach more often, I bet it's an inspiring and peaceful place to write. I know it's one of my favorite places to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fell in love with Moira Young's Dustlands Series this summer. I had not read any of the dystopian YA fiction before because I didn't think it would be my thing but I totally fell in love with it.

    I hope the pain goes away soon!

    What's your book about? (Sorry I'm new here).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!