September 9, 2013

Month in Music



Lately I have been feeling very inspired by music - whether I am inspired to write, to cry, or just to let loose and sing.  Here is some of the music that has been on repeat lately:


Hello - Evanescence

This song has been playing a lot because I've been thinking about John's health a lot.  It makes me bawl like a baby but I think I need to do that sometimes.





James Blunt - Carry You Home

This is another tearjerker about someone you love dying.  Listen to this only if you are prepared to totally cry.





ZZ Top - Sharp-Dressed Man

On a cheerier note, I've been listening to a lot of ZZ Top thanks to my total obsession with the show Duck Dynasty.





Passion Pit - Take a Walk

This song always makes me feel "bouncy".  I also love the video concept with the blue ball!




Eric Clapton - Running on Faith (Unplugged)

This was one of my favorite albums when it came out and I recently watched the entire concert on YouTube.  I kind of miss the Unplugged Movement.




Mumford & Sons - Lover of the Light

I am a huge M&S fan.  I would marry his voice.  




Katy Perry - Roar

I really like the message in this song.  And it's catchy. :)




Sia - Soon We'll Be Found

This song is hauntingly beautiful.  I also love that the whole thing is also sung in sign language in the video.  I sang a song in sign language once in college in a performance.  It was an amazing experience.




Nirvana - Lake of Fire

And then because I can't go a week without listening to Grunge, some Nirvana thrown in there.  





What have you been listening to a lot lately? 

8 comments:

  1. I'm excited for more Katy Perry but I don't really like Roar :( I hope I'm more interested in her other songs to come because I normally like her songs a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it at first, but then I did the 2nd time I heard it!

      Delete
  2. Very eclectic mix there, Becca. I like it, especially Passion Pit, Nirvana and ZZ Top.

    I've been listening to a lot of stuff on the fringes: Deerhunter's Monomania album over and over, Forest Swords, Medicine's latest To The Happy Few, Marnie Stern, especially her latest album, Chronicles of Marnia and Beach House's Bloom album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you have excellent taste in music then, Bryan. :)

      So on that note, I am going to check out all of the ones you mentioned!

      Delete
  3. Roar is catchy. :) I've been listening to a lot of The Strokes and Cake lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been thinking about the power sources and the tiles whom use blocks
    I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out the new stuff you post.

    Travesti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!