1. Rudyard Kipling letter admits he plagiarized part of the Law of the Jungle (Telegraph) - I read somewhere that all the best authors blatantly steal from other authors. Certainly bad authors just looking for a quick payday do it. What do you think about his confession? Here is another article from the Telegraph about Kipling, who said that Plagiarism is the fairy godmother of invention.
2. Shocking New Theory about Elizabeth I unearthed in historic manuscripts (Daily Mail) - Thanks to Michelle @ The True Book Addict for showing me this article. In a lot of ways there are good arguments for this theory, but then again, wouldn't SOMEBODY have noticed?
4. 20 Awesome Examples of Literary Graffiti (Buzzfeed) - I can't choose a favorite. They are pretty awesome, I agree.
5. What Kids Are Reading , In School and Out (NPR) - Every single kid in the class expressed his/her dislike for realism.
6. Speaking of kids reading in the summer, have you checked out James Patterson's ReadKiddoRead Program's Summer Reading List?
7. If you use Google Chrome for Windows, check out this beautiful desktop theme called The Beauty of Books! I downloaded it and love it!