June 18, 2013

Cover Discover: Dresses



This week's Cover Discover features Dresses.  Extravagant dresses is definitely a cover trend right now, especially in YA.  Obviously some stories go with the dresses, some could have a different cover.  Take a look at these.  What do you think?  Trend should keep going or are you ready for it to be over?  Weigh in!


    Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)

The Selection by Kiera Cass
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter


The Luxe (Luxe, #1)    Torment (Fallen, #2)

The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
Torment (Fallen #2) by Lauren Kate


If I Fall (The Blue Raven, #4)    The Treachery of Beautiful Things

If I Fall by Kate Noble
The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long


The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1)    Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1)


The Girl in the Steel Corest by Kody Cross
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George


A Race to Splendor    Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters #1)

A Race to Splendor by Ciji Ware
Enchanted by Alethea Kontis

Which is your favorite cover? 

9 comments:

  1. My favorite of these is probably The Luxe-I hated the book itself but I love the entire series of covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the book but love the cover, too!

      Delete
  2. I like the cover of Torment best. I prefer not to see a face so I can imagine a character on my own. I love all the beautiful dresses though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when they have their backs turned too. Incidentally, I will probably feature these covers soon.

      Delete
  3. To be honest, I'm not crazy about any of those covers. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This trend not for you? That's cool. These books don't stand out as ones you would gravitate to to me either!

      Delete
  4. I love all these covers. I should wear more poofy dresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never worn a poofy dress. My prom dress wasn't poofy and my wedding dress was just a simple A-line too. I wanna wear one but I have no occasion for it. *cries*

      Delete
  5. I've noticed that a lot of YA novels show girls in really big dresses. Most of time, it doesn't really go along with the book inside...but it's pretty so it works! Haha, my favorite is probably Luxe too--though I wasn't too fond of that series. I like the color of the dress on The Selection cover.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!