May 20, 2013

What I'm Reading Monday and Weekly Wrap Up for 5/20/13


This week I didn't blog very much.  I have had a bit of writer's block. It happens.  But I did get some reading done, so that is always a good thing!

I finished two books and I am working on 4 more.  I'm really enjoying each of the books so it's a great reading time right now!

What about you?  What have you been reading lately?  I hope your week has been as good for reading as mine has!  Leave a comment and let me know!


FINISHED READING:



If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?
by Erma Bombeck
Last Week: 51%
This Week: 49%
Pages Read: 103
*For Review via Net Galley*




Love and Skate (Love and Skate #1) by Lila Felix
Last Week: 63%
This Week:  37%
Pages Read: 90
*For Review from Author*


CURRENTLY READING:


And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander
Pg. 150 of 321
Last Week: 36 pages
This Week: 70 pages
*For Reading Resolution Challenge*



10 Things You Might Not Know About Nearly Everything
by Mark Jacob and Stephan Benzkofer
Last Week: 41%
This Week: 10%
Pages Read: 25
*Purchased*



Candide by Voltaire
pg. 40 of 122
Last Week: 0 pages
This Week: 40 pages
*Borrowed from a friend*




Girls I Know by Douglas Trevor
pg. 30 of 336
Last Week: 0 pages
This Week: 30 pages
*For Review from Publisher*


WHAT'S NEXT:



Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
*Own*
*For Colorful Reading Challenge*




Weekly Wrap Up -

REVIEW POSTS:

~

Still need to write reviews for:
Drinking with Dead Women Writers
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle Readalong
Love & Skate by Lila Felix
If Life is a Bowl of Cherries by Erma Bombeck


OTHER POSTS:
~ Blogger Shout Outs
~TSS: Looking Back at Old Reviews


STATS:

Books Read: 2
Short Stories Read: 0
Pages Read: 358
Posts: 2

12 comments:

  1. The Bombeck novel looks good as I have a bowl of cherries right next to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't participated in reading challenges in a very long time but I should again as I remember how much I enjoyed doing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people don't like them, but I get a sense of accomplishment.

      Delete
  3. I just finished 'Novellen' (= short narrations) by Alexander Pushkin (in German translation), including 'The Queen of Spades' that I reviewed on my blog past Friday and 'Der gute Liebhaber' (= 'The Good Lover' - not yet translated from Icelandic into English, as it seems) by Steinunn Sigurdardóttir. The first is a classic from a period that I usually don't appreciate much, the latter is a contemporary novel that I enjoyed very much.
    At the moment I'm not quite sure what to read next. I waver between 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini, 'Thérèse Raquin' by Émile Zola and 'La vida feliz de un joven llamado Esteban' by Santiago Gamboa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add my blog url in case you'd like to read the review of 'The Queen of Spades': edith-lagraziana.blogspot.com (Edith's Miscellany).

      Delete
    2. You have a lot going on, too, Edith!

      Delete
  4. I have Oliver Kitteridge on my Nook and keep forgetting about it. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's one of those I've been meaning to read, too!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you're in a bit of a reading groove-I love that feeling and can't wait for my next up period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH to reading and writing!! I was hoping to turn things around this week, but I'm so busy with Armchair BEA stuff that I've done so little in both! I'm now shooting for the first part of June to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!