May 1, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: And the Mountains Echoed



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we can't wait to read.

This week I am putting the spotlight on:


Release date: May 21, 2013

Summary:

An unforgettable novel about finding a lost piece of yourself in someone else.

Khaled Hosseini, the #1 New York Times–bestselling author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, has written a new novel about how we love, how we take care of one another, and how the choices we make resonate through generations. In this tale revolving around not just parents and children but brothers and sisters, cousins and caretakers, Hosseini explores the many ways in which families nurture, wound, betray, honor, and sacrifice for one another; and how often we are surprised by the actions of those closest to us, at the times that matter most. Following its characters and the ramifications of their lives and choices and loves around the globe—from Kabul to Paris to San Francisco to the Greek island of Tinos—the story expands gradually outward, becoming more emotionally complex and powerful with each turning page.


What about you?  What are you waiting for this week?  Leave your link along with your comment and I will check it out!

7 comments:

  1. I still haven't read The Kite Runner despite multiple recommendations. Maybe I'll just start with this novel since I'm always chasing the shiny and new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a beautiful book! Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing & stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in for a treat with that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started reading the only book I was waiting for this week and didn't like it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. NIce pick I hadn't heard of this one before. I think I may be the only living soul who didn't love the Kite Runner though *runs away*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to read The Kite Runner, but this sounds fantastic :)
    The last line of the blurb especially makes me want to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!