May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books When You Need Something Light and Fun




To me, light and fun books are the kind of books you read poolside or at the beach.  They are fluffy and light-hearted and easy to read.  Not much thinking is required.  I mostly only read these this time of year through August or September and a few during Christmas, although once in awhile I will pick one up after a particularly heavy book.  

Pride and Prejudice is obvs so I am picking some non obv ones.   Below my top 10 I've read are 5 light and fun books I am hoping to read this coming summer.


Best Friends Forever


Girls in Trucks


On the Couch


Under the Tuscan Sun


On Christmas Hill

5. On Christmas Hill by Nichole Chase

The Rescue


The Washingtonienne


The Nanny Diaries (Nanny #1)



Bitter is the New Black


Relish: My Life in the Kitchen



5 Light & Fun Books I am Hoping to Get to This Summer:

B as in Beauty


The Friday Night Knitting Club



Houston, We Have a Problema


Masters at Arms (Rescue Me, #1)


Drinking with Dead Drunks





What are your favorite light and fun reads?  
When do you like to read them?
What light and fun books will you read next?

16 comments:

  1. I've read a few of those books and enjoyed them so I'm making note of the other titles. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls in Trucks is one I've had on my radar for a while-maybe I'll have a chance to pick it up this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list- I enjoyed Girls in Trucks and Best Friends Forever also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, so according to this list I am just not a "light and fun" reader, LOL. I haven't read a single one of them! Girls with Trucks though caught my attention. Will have to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm not much of one either so you are in good company! ;)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I bet I haven't read the ones for your list, either. ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm off now to add Relish and Houston, We Have a Problem to my wishlist at Amazon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I think you will really enjoy Relish! It's just so fun.

      Delete
  7. Great list indeed! I loved the ones I've read so I have confidence I'd love the ones I haven't

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these, but I really liked the movie adaptation of Under the Tuscan Sun. One of these days, I will probably give the book a go. The title of Drinking With Dead Drunks cracks me up, and the cover of Masters at Arms is smoking hot. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!