May 4, 2013

Pin It and Do It May 2013: Jamaica-Me-Crazy Chicken Tropicale


Trish at Love, Laughter, and Insanity is hosting another Pin It and Do It Challenge with the idea of don't just pin those ideas, accomplish them!

Yesterday I made Jamaica-Me-Crazy Chicken Tropicale.  I actually made it before I realized the May challenge was on, but I figure since it is the same day and it came from Pinterest, it would be okay just this once. (*fingers crossed*)



I didn't use cranberries or water chestnuts or the thyme.  I also used golden raisins.  I used too much Jerk seasoning, so it was a little spicy, even for me.  I forgot to account for the difference between dry seasoning and the seasoning/marinade I used from the International Supermarket nearby.  Next time I will be sure to dial it down some.  Nevertheless, I loved the blend of flavors.  The pineapple against the jerk seasoning was awesome.

Here's the pin if you want to give it a try.  


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on accomplishing something pinned! I have a stack of things I'd love to work on but need to find some guinea pigs because I couldn't eat everything I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of pin-it-do-it while pinning a recipe yesterday, as I realized I really should make one of these recipes some day. Next month for sure I am going to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum I hope you saved some for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used Jerk Seasoning before but should definitely try it. I love pineapple with savory dishes. Too bad it was too spicy but hopefully you'll try it again?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!