1. What Your Reading Rules Reveal About Your Personality (Book Riot): I am one of those who enjoys breaking the spine just a little, but not too much. I like my books to look lived in. :) But never dog-earing! That's too lived in. I am on the fence about writing in books. What are your reading rules?
2. OMG- Look at these bookcases! Tell me you don't love that on sight. My Modern Metropolis has a whole collection of unusual bookcases to check out. Which is your fave?
3. An Irish teenager named Eoin Moore had his 224-word story published on a national stamp in Ireland. So what did YOU have done by age 17? Lol
4. Do you read Indie or Traditional? (Indie Reader) This might be a surprising article given the site it is published on. I happen to read both. Most of what is recommended to me by bloggers are traditionally published books. I happen to like giving indie authors a chance because there are some good ones out there. There are more flops in self-pub, but there are also flops in traditional publishing. I choose to do a mix.
5. Open Culture has Hemingway, Faulkner, Steinbeck, and four more amazing writers delivering Nobel speeches! Score one for the random internet find!
7. Speaking of which, the Nobel Prize in Literature Candidates have been chosen!!! (GalleyCat)
1. So Long, City! Farm Lit Hits Big (Publishing Perspectives) What do you think of "farm lit"? Are you excited to read books gone country? I think it could be interesting if done in an unexpected way.
2. Zinio, the first company to digitize their magazines, has moved to the Netflix model. What do you think of using that model? I think this could be awesome so hopefully, it is!
3. I don't know about you all, but I am kind of over Google and Amazon scandals. Here is a piece about HMRC is now coming under fire for not imposing tax laws strictly enough to the two giants.