May 4, 2013

Blogger Shout Outs for Weeks 16 and 17



A weekly feature in which I give credit to YOU!

*Sorry it is a day late this week.  I had not had time to catch up on blog reading for this week until the past 2 days.  


FIRST, DISCUSSION POSTS TO CHECK OUT:


2. Book Girls Don't Cry @ Xpresso Reads

3. Southern Book Bloggers is putting together a collection of books set in the South by State.

4. 10 Signs of a True Book Addict @ Fighting Dreamer (Totally Spot On)

5. Guest Post by Kat H. Clayton @ Darlene's Book Nook

6. Five Ways (aka Books) Hollywood Could Bring the Rom Com Back @ Smexy Books



UPCOMING EVENTS BY BLOGGERS:



1. Armchair BEA, the Book Expo for those of us who can't travel, has begun registration!  Sign up to participate in this amazing event NOW!  It's going to be AH-MAZING and you won't want to miss out!  After you sign up to participate, be sure to also volunteer to be a cheerleader for the event.  I am one of the 3 bloggers heading up the commenting committee and I'm here to tell you it's going to be the best year yet!  Sign up to be a cheerleader here.  All the cool kids are doing it. :)  



Sign Up!

2. Sit Down and Write 3 hosted by Michelle (True Book Addict) started May 1st but you can still sign up as it goes through May 14th!   Get that novel going!  Write book reviews that are backlogged!  Write a haiku!  Finish that dissertation!  Any writing you need to accomplish, this is the event for you.  Hang out on Twitter, too, at #sitdownwrite  I am participating, too, so be sure to check out my upcoming posts and Tweets about it!

**Are you hosting an upcoming special event?  E-mail me or message me on Facebook or Twitter (buttons on top of sidebar) to submit for featuring here!  Note: No Book Tours.


ADDED TO MY TBR...

1. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple, thanks to Rhapsody in Books

2. The Native Star by M.K. Hobson, thanks to Nocturnal Book Reviews

3. NOE4A2 by Joe Hill, thanks to Luxury Reading

4. A Guide to Being Born by Ramonda Ausubel, thanks to Luxury Reading

5. The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong, thanks to Reading Fictional

 


6. The Gods of Heavenly Punishment by Jennifer Cody Epstein, thanks to Savvy Verse & Wit

7. Never Too Late by Amara Royce, thanks to Tome Tender and Beyond the Squee



TBR TALLIES...
Out of the 160 Books Added to my TBR List thanks to Bloggers Since October 2012--

1. S. Krishna's Books has added 10
2. Luxury Reading - 9 
3. Devourer of Books - 8
4. Tanzanite's Castle - 7
5. Princess Bookie - 5
5. Savvy Verse and Wit - 5


Vera @ Luxury Reading earned a new spot at #2 this week and Serena @ Savvy Verse and Wit made the Top Tier!  Check back next week to see the new results!  Will it be you next week?  



BOOK BLOGS DISCOVERED...



COMMENTER TALLIES THIS WEEK...


1. Tasha B. - 16
2. Bookworm1858 - 11
3. Bermudaonion - 7
4. Becky - 5
5. Kaitlyn Hoyt - 5 
6. Tif Sweeney - 4
7. Cayce - 3
8. rhapsodyinbooks - 2
9. Ruth A. - 2
10. Ryan - 2

1 Lovely Comment-
Andi, aussiebookworm, Belle Wong, Bybee, Carrie @ Books and Movies, Diane @ Bibliophile By the Sea, Giselle, Juju @ Tales of Whimsy, Michele @ Reader's Respite, SavvyWorkingGal, starryeyedjen, Wordlily @ wordlily.com


to my regular commenters, whether you leave 1 or 10, and to my new commenters, and to everyone who leaves one when they can! 



2013 COMMENTER LEADERBOARD
The Top 6 Commenters receive free books at the end of June!
Get your commenting on!  There's still time to catch up!

1st Place: Tasha B. - 109 total
2nd Place: Bookworm1858 - 88 total
3rd: Kathy (Bermudaonion) - 47 total
4th: Tif - 40 total
5th: Ryan - 31 total
6th: Kaitlyn Hoyt - 24 total




What other bloggers' post did you love so much this week you have felt the need to share it?  What did you like reading about above?  Share in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, so many stats to make me feel like I'm slackin'... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm participating in Sit Down and Write too! Though I have to admit that I have done nothing but write out my to-do list!! I need to change that quickly if I am going to get anything done!!

    Joe Hill's book made my list this week, too! I can't wait to read that one!! I'm a fan and I haven't even read his novels yet (just his GNs)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the true book addict signs-definitely true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I made the top tier in adding to your TBR list. Who knew. I'm not even sure what other books you wanted to add, but the Epstein book is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no way that I can make it to the "real" BEA, so I'm really excited about Armchair BEA :)

    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!