May 28, 2013

ARMCHAIR BEA: KICK-OFF INTRO POST!!!

Hi, guys!  I am very excited about Armchair BEA this year!  Probably even more so because I am part of the committee.  Today we are tasked with introducing ourselves to the blogging community by answering 5 of the 11 questions posted on the Armchair BEA site.

I feel like, maybe, most people know who I am as a blogger as I've been blogging a long time and I am kinda everywhere, lol.  For better or worse! So I am going to answer some of the other questions so you get to know me better.

Question #5 Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
Just one?  One thing you should know about me is that I can never choose just one anything! lol  I read more than one book at the same time, I run more than one blog, I listen to music when I write, I watch TV and visit blogs at the same time, I am always trying to multitask.  That's just who I am!

Question #8 If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
Again, I hate choosing just one so I am going against the rules a little bit and choosing a dinner party.  I'm such a rebel. :P  

If I had to choose a dinner party, which is typically six people including myself, I would choose some very intelligent, interesting authors who can make me explore myself and the world in new ways.  They would be George Orwell (I want to pick his brain!), Ernest Hemingway (because every party needs a drunk!), Dorothy Parker (Ms. sassy pants), Erma Bombeck (hilarious!), and Jen Lancaster (hilarious!).

Question #9 What literary location would you most like to visit?  Why?
Every time I think of a literary location to explore I always come back to Austen's England.  I would love to explore Bath and the countryside that Austen wrote in, that she put her memorable characters in.  

Question #10 What is your favorite part about the book blogging community?
I am so glad this is one of the questions.  I love, love, love the blogging community.  It's why I began blogging.  I don't want to just sit over in my corner and shove my opinion into the world.  I want to interact.  I want it to be a social experience.  Reading is a very solitary experience, blogging is a very social experience.  Bringing my love of reading into the world of blogging is to make it a social experience.  There's no sense in not reaching out to other bloggers.  I even started a discussion group just for book bloggers where we can bounce ideas off each other, get advice, and just talk about events and scandals and whatever in the world of books.  So, my favorite part of the community is when we act like a community!

Question #11 Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
I am going to answer this as what I would like to see change personally with my blog.  I would like to eventually get a self-hosted website.  I would like to get a professional design for it that reflects me and what my blog is about.  I would like to continue working on discussion posts and interesting reflections.  Those are the easiest for me to think about but the hardest for me to put down on paper, or screen in this case.  

I am really thankful for everyone visiting during the week and I hope that you feel free to poke around and explore my blog a bit!  


18 comments:

  1. Those are great goals! I making the switch to a self-hosted site now and though I've had a few glitches, I'm really glad I did it! Welcome to ArmchairBEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello!

    I absolutely agree with you about the awesomeness of book bloggers and the community we've all formed! Every time I take part in a new challenge or readathon of something like Armchair BEA a discover a bunch of different bloggers who have such interesting things to add. I don't think I could go back to not blogging anymore, it'd be too sad!

    Looking forward to the rest of your posts.

    my intro post

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Reading is a very solitary experience, blogging is a very social experience." YES!! This is one of the reasons why I love blogging. I can finally talk books to my hearts content with other bookish folks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Peak District on my list of places to visit on the basis of Jane Austen's references. And the possibility of meeting Mr Darcy at Pemberley...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blogging community too - it's definitely the best part of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total yes to Austen's England...what a cool place to be able to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visited Bath a few years ago--it's a lovely town, although Austen didn't spend too much time there. The Jane Austen center there is small and unfortunately, the staff were quite rude! but I did buy a few things in the gift shop. A friend of mine put together her own tour of sorts to the English countryside to visit other Austen locales, and worked in some Bronte sisters locations too. Just being in England is cool because of so much literary history.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a wonderful community and am very happy to have met so many great people. Maybe not in person, but through their blogs, Twitter and now G+. I have actually visited Bath and the Jane Austen Center. Loved it. You must go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These intro posts do get harder as the years tick by, eh?? Loved yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Austen's England would be a GREAT place to visit. Your dinner party sounds like a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blogging community is amazing and even after almost 3 years of being apart of it I'm still amazed at out easy and awesome it is to make friends based solely on books, lol. I'm hoping to become self-hosted eventually, it's probably main blogging goal right now.

    I hope you enjoy your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) I also enjoy multi-tasking. Currently and always when I'm commenting, I am listening to music. Right now its a mix of Imagine Dragons, love the song Demons, trying to find another one of ID that is just as incredible.

    i like how you twisted the second party and created a dinner party. George, ah, 1984, one of the best classics ever, love to meet him too.

    Nice to meet you! I hope to create my own blog design someday too. first i need to learn how to create graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to Armchair BEA! I can never pick just one either--really it doesn't matter what the given number is that I can choose, I always exceed the allotted number. I also read more than one book at a time (I'm officially reading 8 right now) though I don't know how you can contribute to more than one blog! AH! How do I get in on this discussion group for bloggers? :) Good luck with the rest of Armchair BEA!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to know more about you! Happy Armchair BEA!

    Freda's Intro

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your dinner party guests. Invite me please. I read more than one book at a time too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, Becca! Although I think F. Scott Fitzgerald would make a funner drunk for your party than Ernest Hemingway. ;) Have you seen Midnight in Paris, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sound of your dinner party-should be a hilarious time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sound like me with the multi-tasking bit. I do it pretty well too, although when I really need to concentrate I have to turn the TV off. I sometimes give my husband a hard time because he can barely drive and talk at the same time. :P

    Oh, and great answer to the question about your favorite part of the book blogging community. I must admit, I really struggle trying to keep up. I need to get better!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!