April 8, 2013

What I'm Reading & Weekly Wrap-Up for 4/8/13


I am very happy to report that I had a FANTASTIC reading week! 

I read a record 978 pages!  
I don't ever remember reading that much in one week outside of college courses.  Seriously.  I cannot believe how much I have read in 7 days!

I read over 140 poems in the anthology, I started and finished a YA novel, I started and finished two novellas, I finished Sexy Feminism, I started 2 more books, and I made a small dent of 20 pages in each of the other books I'm reading.

I think for 978 pages I deserve to give myself a present!

As far as blogging goes, I posted one book review yesterday, and some children's book reviews on Saturday.  I still have some more to write, including the ones for the 3 books I just finished this week.  I also posted a cover reveal for YA Bound Tours, Blogger Shout-Outs, and I revealed the prizes for the comment contest I am running.  

What about you?  What have you been reading lately?  I hope your week has been as good for reading as mine has!  Leave a comment and let me know!


FINISHED READING:

Books:


Maelyn (The Nine Princesses Novellas #1) by Anita Valle
Pages Read: 140
*Purchased*
*For Reading Challenges*

 

Forty Days by Stephanie Parent
Pages Read: 123
*For Blog Tour*



Sexy Feminism: A Girl's Guide to Love, Success, and Style
by Jennifer Keishin Armstrong and Heather Wood Rudolph
Last Week: 59% 
This Week: 41%
Pages Read: 92
*For review from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt*



Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz
Pages Read: 272
*For Review from Scholastic*  


Poetry:
 from The Ecopoetry Anthology
(see: Currently Reading)

140 poems - Whew!



CURRENTLY READING:

Books: 


The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Harunki Murakami
Page 126 of 607
Last Week: 0 pages
This Week: 126 pages
*6-Week Readalong with Book Chatter*




Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
pg. 25 of 281
Last Week: 0 Pages
This Week: 25 pages
*Purchased* 



Cliff of the Ruin by Bonnie McKernan
Last Week: 27% 
This Week: 32%
Pages Read: 20
*For Review from Author*




Jane by Robin Maxwell
pg. 151 out of 312
Last Week: 28 pages
This Week: 26 pages
*Purchased*




The Ecopoetry Anthology
edited by Ann Fisher-Wirth and Laura-Gray Street
Last Week: 37%
This Week: 60%
Pages Read: 154
*For review via Net Galley* 
(I'm trying really hard to get through this book, but at 600+ pages, it's going slowly.)



WHAT'S NEXT:

Books:



The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
*For Readalong with Becky @ One Literature Nut*



The Altarpiece (The Cross and The Crown Series, #1)  

The Altarpiece by Sarah Kennedy
*For Review from Knox Robinson Publishing*


Weekly Wrap Up ->

REVIEW POSTS:
~ Fire and Forget: Short Stories from the Long War
~ Littlest Bookworm Reviews

Still need to write reviews for:


  • Forty Days by Stephanie Parent (Blog Tour Stops here April 24th!)
  • Maelyn by Anita Valle
  • Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz
  • Sexy Feminism by Armstrong and Rudolph 


OTHER POSTS:
~ Cover Reveal: Stars in Our Eyes
~ Blogger Shout-Outs, Weeks 12 and 13
~ Comment Contest Specifics
~ April and May are all About the Readalongs

~ Book Lists A to Z: "A"


STATS:
Books Read: 4
Short Stories Read: 0
Pages Read: 978

Challenge Progressions:
Around the World in 80 Books - 7/80 (+2 this week)
Colorful Reading Challenge - 1/9 (no change)
Diving Into Poetry Challenge - 3 Poems, 1 Featured Poet, 1 Book (no change)
Four Month Challenge - 12/20 Read for 150 Points (+2)
Historical Fiction Challenge - 4/10 (+2)
Kidlit Read and Review Challenge - 24/30 Read (+7)
Literary Expolorations Challenge - 8/24 (+2)
Men in Uniform Challenge - 1/5 (no change)
Reading Outside the Box - 4 Read (+2)
Resolution Challenge - 0/10
South Asian Reading Challenge - 0 books read (no change)
Telling Tales Challenge - 2/5 (+1)
Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Challenge - 6/12 (no change)
YA Reading Challenge - 6/20 (+3)

9 comments:

  1. That's quite an impressive week of reading! I definitely think you deserve to treat yourself for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your great reading week! I'm hoping to get through some more books this week and get some blogging stuff done too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations! I think I read a total of 10 pages this week, haha. Too much going on. Most of my reading is via audiobook these days. I really wanted to read for an hour this afternoon on my lunch break but it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I definitely have weeks like that! This is a oddity, to be sure.

      Delete
  4. Wow!! A very impressive reading week!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!