April 22, 2013

What I'm Reading and Weekly Wrap Up for 4/22/13


This week has been a decent reading week and a decent blogging week, which is great since I am still trying to get over this fibro flare.  I finished one book and started two more, while making good progress on both of my readalongs and with Level 2.

I did end up abandoning Cliff of the Ruin and also started and abandoned The Altarpiece (see why below.)  I did count the latter in my pages read tally. 

What about you?  What have you been reading lately?  I hope your week has been as good for reading as mine has!  Leave a comment and let me know!


FINISHED READING:



Jane by Robin Maxwell
Last Week: 70 pages
This Week: 161 pages
*Purchased*


ABANDONED:





Cliff of the Ruin by Bonnie McKernan
32% Read 

I actually was really enjoying this book and then I just felt like it was dragging on and on.  I think it has way too much filler and therefore it couldn't hold my attention.  I tried to finish reading it for a month now.


The Altarpiece (The Cross and The Crown Series, #1)  

The Altarpiece by Sarah Kennedy
*For Review from Knox Robinson Publishing*
20% Read

I don't know why but I just couldn't get into this one, despite how interesting the plot is.  I would still recommend someone giving it a try.  It could very well have been my attention level this week as I have not felt good.



CURRENTLY READING:


The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Harunki Murakami
Page 306 of 607
Last Week: 70 pages
This Week: 110  pages
Book 1 Completed, 3/4 done with Book 2
*6-Week Readalong with Book Chatter*




The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
pg. 60 of 180
Last Week: 25 pages
This Week: 35 pages
*For Readalong with Becky @ One Literature Nut* 

This is one of my favorite books, so I am excited for the re-read!



Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
pg. 213 of 281
Last Week: 118 Pages
This Week: 95 pages
*Purchased* 

*For Review from Author*



The Conduit by Stacey Rourke
Last Week: 0%
This Week: 38%
Pages Read: 70
*From Author*



Drinking with Dead Women Writers
by Elaine Ambrose and AK Turner
Last Week: 0%
This Week: 28%
Pages Read: 23
*Purchased*



WHAT'S NEXT:


Your Guardian Angel (Guardian Angel #1) by Skyla Madi
*YA Bound Tours*


Love and Skate (Love and Skate #1) by Lila Felix
*For Review from Author*



Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
*Own*
*For Colorful Reading Challenge*




Weekly Wrap Up -

REVIEW POSTS:
~ The Ecopoetry Anthology (National Poetry Month)

Still need to write reviews for:

Jane by Robin Maxwell

OTHER POSTS:
~There's a First Time for Everything!  My 1st Vlog!
~ Cover Discover: Hidden Eyes
~ Blogger Shout-Outs for Weeks 14 and 15 - Lots of good stuff here!
~ Book List A to Z - "C" - Circus Books


STATS:

Books Read: 1
Short Stories Read: 0
Pages Read: 544 - not bad!

Challenge Progressions:
Around the World in 80 Books - 8/80 (+1)
Colorful Reading Challenge - 1/9 (no change)
Diving Into Poetry Challenge - 3 Poems, 1 Featured Poet, 2 Books (no change)
Four Month Challenge - 13/20 Read for 165 Points (+1)
Historical Fiction Challenge - 5/10 (+1)
Kidlit Read and Review Challenge - 24/30 Read (no change)
Literary Expolorations Challenge - 8/24 (no change)
Men in Uniform Challenge - 1/5 (no change)
Reading Outside the Box - 4 Read (no change)
Resolution Challenge - 0/10
South Asian Reading Challenge - 0 books read (no change)
Telling Tales Challenge - 2/5 (no change)
Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Challenge - 6/12 (no change)
YA Reading Challenge - 6/20 (no change)

8 comments:

  1. I hope you'll review Jane, that one's been on my radar for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! Look for it soon. I'm working on the review right now.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear this was a pretty good week and that you're making good progress in your readalongs. I'm a bit behind on my sole readalong but am hoping to work on that this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is ahead of me on Wind-Up. Overachievers. ;)

      Delete
  3. I had a pretty decent reading week, the first in a long time! Here's to hoping it continues!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Well, you have had so much going on!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!