April 15, 2013

What I'm Reading and Weekly Wrap-Up for 4/15/13



How's it going?  How has your week been?  Mine has been a bit weird but I got some reading in, which is a wonderful thing.

I finally finished The Ecopoetry Anthology.  I started it February 26th, that's how long I've been working on this massive 672-page volume.  Some great poems, some bad poems, some poems that I didn't think fit the category of poem.  It will be an interesting review when I get it finished!

I began reading The Great Gatsby for Becky @ One Literature Nut's re-readalong before the film comes out in May.  Gatsby is one of my favorite books so I am loving diving back into it.  Old favorites are like a warm, comfortable blanket you get to wrap yourself in.  I was overdue a good re-read of this one.

I am stagnating a bit on Cliffs of the Ruin.  I mean, it's an interesting story and I like Mae and the other characters.  I think the pace is a little slow for me, though.  I'm hoping it picks up soon.  Too many other books vying for my attention.

What about you?  What have you been reading lately?  I hope your week has been as good for reading as mine has!  Leave a comment and let me know!


FINISHED READING:

Books:



The Ecopoetry Anthology
edited by Ann Fisher-Wirth and Laura-Gray Street
Last Week: 60%
This Week: 40%
Pages Read: 269
*For review via Net Galley* 
Whew!  This one took a while!




CURRENTLY READING:

Books: 


The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Harunki Murakami
Page 196 of 607
Last Week: 126 pages
This Week: 70 pages
Book 1 of 3 Completed, Working on Book 2
*6-Week Readalong with Book Chatter*




The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
pg. 25 of 180
Last Week: 0 pages
This Week: 25 pages
*For Readalong with Becky @ One Literature Nut* 

This is one of my favorite books, so I am excited for the re-read!



Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
pg. 143 of 281
Last Week: 25 Pages
This Week: 118 pages
*Purchased* 



Cliff of the Ruin by Bonnie McKernan
Last Week: 32% 
This Week: 0%
Pages Read: 0 pages
*For Review from Author*




Jane by Robin Maxwell
pg. 151 out of 312
Last Week: 26 pages
This Week: 70 pages
*Purchased*


WHAT'S NEXT:

Books:


The Altarpiece (The Cross and The Crown Series, #1)  

The Altarpiece by Sarah Kennedy
*For Review from Knox Robinson Publishing*


Weekly Wrap Up ->

REVIEW POSTS:
~ Sexy Feminism by Jennifer K Armstrong and Heather Wood Rudolph
~ Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz
~ Maelyn by Anita Valle

Still need to write reviews for:

Forty Days by Stephanie Parent (Blog Tour Stops here April 24th!)
The Ecopoetry Anthology

OTHER POSTS:
~ Take Me Away...to Lebanon
~ Books A to Z..."A" Animals in Adult Fiction
~ Books A to Z..."B" Blue Bloods



STATS:
Books Read: 1
Short Stories Read: 0
Pages Read: 552

Challenge Progressions:
Around the World in 80 Books - 7/80 (no change)
Colorful Reading Challenge - 1/9 (no change)
Diving Into Poetry Challenge - 3 Poems, 1 Featured Poet, 2 Books (+1)
Four Month Challenge - 12/20 Read for 150 Points (no change)
Historical Fiction Challenge - 4/10 (no change)
Kidlit Read and Review Challenge - 24/30 Read (no change)
Literary Expolorations Challenge - 8/24 (no change)
Men in Uniform Challenge - 1/5 (no change)
Reading Outside the Box - 4 Read (no change)
Resolution Challenge - 0/10
South Asian Reading Challenge - 0 books read (no change)
Telling Tales Challenge - 2/5 (no change)
Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Challenge - 6/12 (no change)
YA Reading Challenge - 6/20 (no change)

8 comments:

  1. The Wind Up Bird Chronicle is on my Kindle as well as on my shelf. Got to get to it soon. How are you enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fascinating! You should read it with us! There is still plenty of time.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a decent reading week-Level 2 is on my to-read list and I hope I can get to it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started The Three Musketeers yesterday on a whim. That's going to take FOREVER. I am enjoying it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep, definitely a chunkster there, too.

      Delete
  4. I finally finished my first book of April last night ... A Tale of Time City by Diana Wynne Jones. Cute story and probably one that would make better sense on a re-read! Now I need to figure out which one to read next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you've joined in with me to reread Gatsby! I'm loving it so far. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!