April 1, 2013

What I'm Reading and Weekly Wrap-Up for 4/1/13



This week has been kind of crazy!  That's why I am only getting this post written at this late hour on Monday.

Today saw the launch of my new blog project with Tasha B. and Tif, called Book Bloggers International.  Go check it out and let us know what you think!

This week was also the end of my Women's Lit Event that has taken place all through March.  It was a big success and I hope to make it an annual event.  Please check out the last 3 posts for it below.

This week I mostly read Release by Nicole Hadaway, a great book with an original paranormal story line that I loved.  I also got a few poems read in the anthology and a little in Jane by Robin Maxwell. The other I'm currently reading I didn't get to this week.

What about you?  What have you been reading lately?  Leave a comment and let me know!


FINISHED READING:

 
Books:


Release by Nicole Hadaway
Last Week: 27%
This Week: 83%
Pages Read: 240
(Review) 



Poetry:
 from The Ecopoetry Anthology
(see: Currently Reading)

Margo Berdeshevsky - 1 poem
Wendell Berry - 5 poems
Mei-mei Berssenbrugge - 2 poems
Linda Bierds - 1 poem
Ralph Black - 1 poem



CURRENTLY READING:

Books: 


Sexy Feminism: A Girl's Guide to Love, Success, and Style
by Jennifer Keishin Armstrong and Heather Wood Rudolph
Last Week: 59% 
This Week: 0%
Pages Read: 0
*For review from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt*



Cliff of the Ruin by Bonnie McKernan
Last Week: 27% 
This Week: 0%
Pages Read: 0
*For Review from Author*




Jane by Robin Maxwell
pg. 125 out of 312
Last Week: 26 pages
This Week: 28 pages
*My Own Book*


The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Working on now: The Sign of the Four
Chapter: 1
Whole Book Stats:
Last Week: 9%
This Week: 9% (no change)
(This one is kind of hard to gauge given that there are four novels and dozens of short stories in the one collection.  I can't do page numbers or percentages on individual novels so I am doing Chapters to show my place.  I will add page numbers for % of whole book read to my total below.)
*Purchased*


The Ecopoetry Anthology
edited by Ann Fisher-Wirth and Laura-Gray Street
Last Week: 35%
This Week: 37%
Pages Read: 14
*For review via Net Galley* 
(I'm trying really hard to get through this book, but at 600+ pages, it's going slowly.)



WHAT'S NEXT:

Books:


Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
*Purchased*


Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz
*For Review from Scholastic*



Weekly Wrap Up -

REVIEW POSTS:
~Release by Nicole Hadaway (part of Xpresso Book Tour)

Still need to write reviews for 

Fire and Forget
Lucy the Wonder Weenie by Nina Clark

OTHER POSTS:
Introducing Book Bloggers International
~ Cover Discover: Cover Look-a-Likes
~ Lost in Bookish Links
~ All About Firsts: Poison by Bridget Zenn tour

WOMEN'S LIT EVENT POSTS:  The last posts of the Event!
~ 'Deeds, not Words', but, well, words, too. Guest blogger: Ellie from Lit Nerd
~ Do Female Writers Need Affirmative Action?  Guest blogger: Tasha B.
~ Modern Feminism, Documented.  Guest Blogger: Florinda

STATS:
Books Read: 1
Short Stories Read: 0
Pages Read: 282
Challenge Progressions:
Around the World in 80 Books - 5/80 (no change)
Colorful Reading Challenge - 1/9 (no change)
Diving Into Poetry Challenge - 3 Poems, 1 Featured Poet, 1 Book (no change)
Four Month Challenge - 10/20 Read for 125 Points (no change)
Historical Fiction Challenge - 2/10 (no change)
Kidlit Read and Review Challenge - 17/30 Read (no change)
Literary Expolorations Challenge - 6/24 (no change)
Men in Uniform Challenge - 1/5 (no change)
Reading Outside the Box - 2 Read (no change)
Resolution Challenge - 0/10
Telling Tales Challenge - 1/5 (no change)
Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Challenge - 6/12 (+1)
YA Reading Challenge - 3/20 (no change)

7 comments:

  1. Cliff of the Ruin looks interesting! I will be looking forward to reading your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed by the sheer amount of stuff you get done in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your Women's Lit Month-some great posts that I really enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure Book Bloggers Intl took a lot of time so thanks for the effort in starting that. Good luck with your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big week! I bought Lenore's book too, looking forward to reading it. Off to check out your Book Bloggers Intl venture.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!