April 14, 2013

Book Lists A to Z - "B"




Today's Book List is all about Blue Bloods.   I included some from several countries, so hopefully you can find a good variety of books here, all about intriguing aristocracies. 

BRITISH:

Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle


The Sumerton Women



The Season



AMERICAN:







Memoirs



RUSSIAN:

Former People: The Final Days of the Russian Aristocracy


Alix and Nicky: The Passion of the Last Tsar and Tsarina 



FRENCH:

To Be Queen: A Novel of the Early Life of Eleanor of Aquitaine


The Confessions of Catherine de Medici


Before Versailles: A Novel of Louis XIV



ITALIAN:

The Borgias and Their Enemies: 1431-1519


The Scarlet Contessa: A Novel of the Italian Renaissance

The Scarlet Contessa: A Novel of the Italian Renaissance
by Jeanne Kalogridis


SPANISH:

The Last Queen

The Last Queen by C.W. Gortner

Sister Queens: The Noble, Tragic Lives of Katherine of Aragon and Juana, Queen of Castile



INDIA:

Jahanara: Princess of Princesses, India, 1627



The Last Mughal: The Fall of a Dynasty: Delhi, 1857


Mighty Maharajas: Forts & Palaces of India



Questions:

  • Which book above sparks your interest?
  • Have you read any of these books?  What did you think?
  • Can you think of books about Blue Bloods in other countries?  Share them!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, when I was little I read all of The Royal Diaries books. Brings back memories. :)

    In my high school AP Art History class, we learned all about Blue Bloods, since they were featured in many art pieces. This list is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not yet read one single book on this list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great subject choice! My mom and I both love these kinds of books so I will definitely see if she wants to check any of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read The Season--I don't think--but I do like Sarah MacLean.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!