April 8, 2013

Book Lists: A to Z - "A"


I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE book lists.   Almost as much as reading.  I have always loved lists and making lists since I was a kid.  I used to make lists of all my dolls' names and I made lists of toys I wanted to take in my suitcase to visit grandparents, and I made lists of stories I wanted to write.  I am a list-o-holic.  Now, my favorite lists to make are about books.  I am sure you can relate to that!  

I decided to start a new feature, therefore, that was all about book lists.  Now, I have been making book lists on here since the blog began 4 years ago, but I wanted to do something creative so I am going to create book lists that revolve around a certain letter in the alphabet and go forth alphabetically with each list.  I might post a list every few days or once a week or every other week.  I'm not going to make it too strict in that sense.  But it will be in alphabetical order.

Take the list I am starting off with today for the letter "A".  The book list today is going to be all about "Adult"  fictional books that feature "Animals" as part of the main story line.  You might not think that would include very many, as that cuts out Marley & Me, Dewey the Library Cat, and Seabiscuit, for starters, but check this out:


The Art of Racing in the Rain 




Water for Elephants 



The Story of Edgar Sawtelle



Cujo


Three Bags Full 


Animal Farm 



The White Bone


Ratha's Creature (The Named, #1)


Watership Down



The Wild Road (The Wild Road, #1)



Dog on It (A Chet and Bernie Mystery, #1)



Flush 



I Am a Cat I



Come, Thou Tortoise 



Waiting for Gertrude: A Graveyard Gothic




Questions:

  • Which book above sparks your interest?
  • Have you read any of these books?  What did you think?
  • Can you think of more Adult Fiction that prominently features animals?  Share them!
  • What do you think so far of Book List: A to Z?


17 comments:

  1. I adore Watership Down, one of my favorite books. I still want to read The Art of Racing in the Rain. I've read Raven Stole the Moon from him, and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Raven Stole the Moon. I will look it up. :)

      Delete
  2. I've read Water for Elephants, Animal Farm, and Watership Down with the following feelings respectively: okay, LOVE, and hate, hate, hate (because read for school). Can't think of any others off the top of my head-great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Water for Elephants was so-so too.

      Delete
  3. I have heard about watership down and one day I would like to read it. Unfortunately I haven't read any of those books :(
    Love the lists and can't think of any others at the moment :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Watership Down, either. We should read it together sometime. :)

      Delete
  4. I've read the first two and loved both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the list idea. The only one of these I read was Water for Elephants, which I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) How did you think Water compared to the movie?

      Delete
  6. I watched the movie Water for Elephants and loved it! Haven't read the Edgar Sawtelle book yet and Watership Down is a fabulous book! Will have to investigate the others! As for books in your list, Paul Gallico's Jennie would have to go on my list, as well as Thomasina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I've been meaning to read Flush for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard of it until recently! I really need to read more Woolf.

      Delete
  8. I also love lists, so I really enjoyed this one!! I have only read one of these books (Water for Elephants), but so many sound interesting. For example, Watership Down I've been wanting to read for years!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tif! I haven't read Watership Down, either. People seem to love it!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!