April 19, 2013

Blogger Shout Outs, Weeks 14 and 15



A weekly feature in which I give credit to YOU!



FIRST, DISCUSSION POSTS TO CHECK OUT:

1. 4 Creative Ways for Book Bloggers to Re-Use Older Content @ Girlxoxo

2. 50th Anniversary of "Letter from Birmingham Jail" @ Wordsmithsonia

3. National Poetry Month Blog Tour Calendar @ Savvy Verse and Wit (Great event with amazing posts!  Check it out.)

4. Evolution of the Romance Novel and the "New Virginity" @ Book Chick City

5. Relationship between writers and readers, guest post by Author Mark Edwards @ The Little Reader Library (I was recently talking about this, and this is an interesting opinion!)



UPCOMING EVENTS BY BLOGGERS:





1. Armchair BEA, the Book Expo for those of us who can't travel, has begun registration!  Sign up to participate in this amazing event here!

2. After you sign up to participate, be sure to also volunteer to be a cheerleader for the event.  I am one of the 3 bloggers heading up the commenting committee and I'm here to tell you it's going to be the best year yet!  Sign up to be a cheerleader here.  All the cool kids are doing it. :)  


**Are you hosting an upcoming special event?  E-mail me or message me on Facebook or Twitter (buttons on top of sidebar) to submit for featuring here!  Note: No Book Tours.



ADDED TO MY TBR...

1. Chloe and the Lion by Mac Barnett and Adam Rex, thanks to pbjunkies (a children's book about the relationship between an author and illustrator)

2. Swimming at Night by Lucy Clarke, thanks to A Bookworm's World

3. The Book of Killowen by Erin Hart, thanks to S. Krishna's Books

4. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, thanks to Waiting on Wednesday @ Book Den

5. The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan, thanks to Bookworm1858



6. Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out by Pandora Poikilos, thanks to the Book Blast post I saw on Curling Up With a Good Book

7. Deer in Headlights by Staci Hart, thanks to Bitten by Paranormal Romance

8. Broken Elements (Elements #1) by Mia Marshall and Hell's Hollow by Summer Stone, both thanks to Sarah Elizabeth's Bookshelf


TBR TALLIES...
Out of the 160 Books Added to my TBR List thanks to Bloggers Since October 2012--

1. S. Krishna's Books has added 10
2. Devourer of Books - 8
3. Luxury Reading - 7
4. Tanzanite's Castle - 7
5. Princess Bookie - 5


Check back next week to see the new results!  New people were added this week.  Will it be you next week?  S. Krishna is taking the lead and isn't letting up! lol



BOOK BLOGS DISCOVERED...



COMMENTER TALLIES THIS WEEK...


1. Tasha B. - 17
2. Bookworm1858 - 14
3. Tif Sweeney - 8
4. Ryan - 7
5. Bermudaonion - 6
6. Kaitlyn Hoyt - 4
7. I'm so not a blogger - 2
8. Michele - 2
9. rhapsodyinbooks - 2

1 Comment- 
Anna (Diary of an Eccentric)
Becky (One Literature Nut)
Book Dilettante
Book Sake
Bryan
Buried in Books
Carol
Donna Thorland
Ellie
estrella05azul
fredamans
Irene J.
QuirkyBookandFilmBuff
Peajae
Resh
Robin McCormack
Ruth
Serena
Shonna
Zed K


to my regular commenters, whether you leave 1 or 10, and to my new commenters, and to every one who leaves one when they can! 



2013 COMMENTER LEADERBOARD
The Top 6 Commenters receive free books at the end of June!
Get your commenting on!  There's still time to catch up!

1st Place: Tasha B. - 93 total
2nd Place: Bookworm1858 - 77 total
3rd: Kathy (Bermudaonion) - 40 total
4th: Tif - 36 total
5th: Ryan - 29 total
6th: Kaitlyn Hoyt - 19 total




What other bloggers' post did you love so much this week you have felt the need to share it?  What did you like reading about above?  Share in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah for Armchair BEA!!!! (Okay, I know. I'm biased!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sign up for the commenting committee. I had so much fun doing it last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may sound weird, but I'm loving the 90s UtopYa posts that Tammy Blackwell is posting on her blog. They're not really book related, but they're really fun. Though I was only 7 when the 90s ended, I loved that time, so those posts bring back some childhood memories. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link to the Armchair BEA living in Australia I miss alot of events. looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so proud getting The Tragedy Paper on your radar :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so out of the blogger loop. :( I can't wait until summer so I can sleep more and then hopefully refuel the batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the linking. I hope everyone gets a chance to read King's writing at some point in time this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!