So April and May have turned out to be a great time for readalongs that I can't help but participate in!
First, there is the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami Readalong hosted by Ti @ Book Chatter. So far, I am not sure what the hell anything going on in the story has to do with anything else going on in the story, but yet I am still unable to stop turning the pages! This fascinates me all on its own.
Here is the breakdown of the readalong:
- The read-along will run from April 1, 2013 to May 12, 2013 (6 weeks).
- The paperback (Vintage Books Edition) is 607 pages.
- The novel is split into three books, I will post here and on Twitter after I finish each book. I may ask you a question or just post a favorite quote. No need to even respond!
- For impromptu Twitter conversations and reactions, use the hashtag#winditup2013 on Twitter. I will be tweeting as I am reading it so it should be interesting. This hashtag is different than the one I first mentioned. I don’t want our tweets to get mixed up with the Gwen Stefani song so I changed it up a bit. If you use #winditup2013 in your tweets and then search for that hashtag, you’ll be able to see all posts related to the read-along.
- If you don’t use Twitter and want to talk about the book, email me or catch me on Facebook. My contact info is under the About tab and Facebook info is posted on the left sidebar.
The Simple No-Fuss Reading Schedule:
April 1 – April 14: Book One (Approximately 172 pages)
April 15 – April 28: Book Two (Approximately 165 pages)
April 29 – May 12: Book Three (Approximately 266 pages)
I will do a final wrap-up post on May 20, 2013. At that time, you’ll be able to add the link to your review should you choose to write one.
You can sign up here because you know you want to.
Second, Becky of One Literature Nut is hosting a Great Gatsby readalong! YES! I was actually talking with Amy of ? about doing this very thing a month or two ago and then I got so busy with getting Book Bloggers International ready to launch that I completely forgot about it. (Sorry, Amy!) But, luckily, great minds think alike and Becky is hosting a re-read before the film readalong that starts Wednesday.
The Great Gatsby is one of my all-time favorite books. I remember reading it as a senior in high school and being blown away that something I was forced to read in school actually turned out to be enjoyable!
So, yes, I am all about this readalong. Thank you, Becky, for having the same brilliant idea as me without us even discussing it. You rock!
Here are the details of the readalong:
Book Length: My copy comes in just under 200 pages
Time to Read: 1 month, with weekly check-ins
End Goal: To reread Fitzgerald's famous novel & then go check out the movie!
If you want to join in, here are the reading details for the coming month:
Sign up here because you know you want to.
Now, that brings my total number of books I am currently reading to 4 and I still have 2 more I need to start before April is over. Holy cow. I hope my wonderful reading trend from this week keeps up through the rest of the month!
Are you participating in either of these readalongs?
If not, why not?
What do you think would be another great book to have a readalong for sometime this year?