March 25, 2013

What I'm Reading & Weekly Wrap-Up for 3/25/13




I read plenty this week but haven't finished a book.  Or reviewed the book I finished last week.  Yikes.

But I did post a lot, including a Take Me Away Saturday post and an interview with Margo Krasne.  Plus, 3 Women's Lit posts went up this week.  Be sure to check them all out because my guest bloggers put in good time writing them!

I should be finished with Sexy Feminism next week, and I will definitely be finished with Release because the review post for the book tour goes up Friday!

What about you?  What have you been reading lately?  Leave a comment and let me know!


FINISHED READING:

 
Books:

None finished this week, even though I read a lot (see currently reading)



Poetry:
 from The Ecopoetry Anthology
(see: Currently Reading)


Lorine Niedecker - 2 poems
Kenneth Rexroth - 4 poems
Theodore Roethke - 1 poem
George Oppen - 4 poems
Charles Olson - 2 poems
Elizabeth Bishop - 2 poems
William Everson - 2 poems
Robert Hayden - 1 poem
Muriel Rukeyser - 1 poem
William Stafford - 2 poems
Robert Duncan - 3 poems
Barbara Guest - 1 poem
James Dickey - 1 poem
Denise Levertov - 3 poems
James Schuyler - 1 poem
A.R. Ammons - 3 poems
Karen Leona Anderson - 1 poem
Christopher Arigo - 1 poem
Rae Armantrout - 3 poems
John Ashbery - 4 poems
Jimmy Santiago Baca - 1 poem
Julianna Baggott - 2 poems
Ellen Bass - 2 poems
Dan Beachy-Quick - 1 poem
Lois Beardslee - 1 poem
Sandra Beasley - 1 poem
Marvin Bell - 1 poem
Dan Bellm - 1 poem




CURRENTLY READING:

Books: 


Release by Nicole Hadaway
Last Week: 0%
This Week: 27%
Pages Read: 78
*For Review for Blog Tour on 3/29*



Sexy Feminism: A Girl's Guide to Love, Success, and Style
by Jennifer Keishin Armstrong and Heather Wood Rudolph
Last Week: 21% 
This Week: 59% 
Pages Read: 85
*For review from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt*



Cliff of the Ruin by Bonnie McKernan
Last Week: 20% 
This Week: 27%
Pages Read: 30
*For Review from Author*




Jane by Robin Maxwell
pg. 97 out of 312
Last Week: 71 pages
This Week: 26
*My Own Book*


The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Working on now: The Sign of the Four
Chapter: 1
Whole Book Stats:
Last Week: 9%
This Week: 9% (no change)
(This one is kind of hard to gauge given that there are four novels and dozens of short stories in the one collection.  I can't do page numbers or percentages on individual novels so I am doing Chapters to show my place.  I will add page numbers for % of whole book read to my total below.)
*Purchased*


The Ecopoetry Anthology
edited by Ann Fisher-Wirth and Laura-Gray Street
Last Week: 23%
This Week: 35%
Pages Read: 80
*For review via Net Galley* 
(I'm trying really hard to get through this book, but at 600+ pages, it's going slowly.)



WHAT'S NEXT:

Books:


Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
*Purchased*


Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz
*For Review from Scholastic*



Weekly Wrap Up -

REVIEW POSTS:
~

OTHER POSTS:
~ Interview with Margo Krasne and Giveaway (Virtual Author Book Tours)
~ Cover Reveal for Precious Things by Stephanie Parent (YA Bound Tours)
~ Bloggiesta Participation Post and Updates
~ Blogger Shoutouts, Week 11
~ What Do You Think: Whose 15 Minutes is Up?
~ Top Ten Tuesday: Books Had to Have but Still Sitting on Your Shelf!
~ Take Me Away...To Thailand!!


WOMEN'S LIT EVENT POSTS:
~ Review: A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, post by Florinda of The 3 R's Blog
Unruly Women in Fiction and in History, post by author Christy English
~ The Mistress of Science Fiction, post by Author Charlotte Bennardo


STATS:
Books Read: 0
Short Stories Read: 0
Pages Read: 299
Challenge Progressions:
Around the World in 80 Books - 5/80 (no change)
Colorful Reading Challenge - 1/9 (no change)
Diving Into Poetry Challenge - 3 Poems, 1 Featured Poet, 1 Book (no change)
Four Month Challenge - 10/20 Read for 125 Points (no change)
Historical Fiction Challenge - 2/10 (no change)
Kidlit Read and Review Challenge - 17/30 Read (no change)
Literary Expolorations Challenge - 6/24 (no change)
Men in Uniform Challenge - 1/5 (no change)
Reading Outside the Box - 2 Read (no change)
Resolution Challenge - 0/10
Telling Tales Challenge - 1/5 (no change)
Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Challenge - 5/12 (no change)
YA Reading Challenge - 3/20 (no change)

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty busy week!

    I'm curious to see how you like Jane by Robin Maxwell. I haven't read it, but it looks interesting. I've been thinking about trying to read Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan books for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I am really liking it. I am almost halfway through at this point. I have had to put it aside this past week to finish a book for a book tour but getting back into it now. Still has me hooked!

      Delete
  2. You have all those books going at once? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I take multi-tasking to a dangerous extreme. I need a 12-step program!

      Delete
  3. Hope you are off to a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this is a better reading week for you-I know I always feel so good when I can check off another book read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! I have had to put a few books aside to finish Release but now I am back to reading the rest. I have some really good books going!

      Delete
  5. I have not been great with reading or writing! I have so many reviews to write that I need to start them so very soon and just stop procrastinating!

    I can't wait to hear what you think of Level 2! I really want to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have a good excuse, what with moving and all!

      I can't wait to start Level 2, either. I am itching to begin!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!