March 27, 2013

Lost in Bookish Links





1. Chinua Achebe, author of one of my 5-star rated books, Things Fall Apart, and my almost birthday partner, died Friday morning.  Things Fall Apart is the book that launched my deep interest in world literature.  I am in mourning.  We lost a really great author this weekend. (via Huffington Post)


Chinua Achebe (1930-2013)

2. This is a recipe for how to make school books fruit snacks, but hey I think it can be any books, right?  Right.  Serve some books up tonight.  (via Hungry Happenings Blog)


3. Read the Classics, don't read the classics.  It's up to you, says blogger Amanda Nelson.  I am pro-classics reading.  What about you?  (via Book Riot)

4. I've been reading a lot, a lot, a lot of poetry on my Kindle lately, thanks to the book I am reading, The Ecopoetry Anthology.  One thing I have noticed is that the format, well, SUCKS.  The form gets lost because page breaks have gone completely missing.  I am not the only one who has noticed e-readers screwing up poetry, either.  (via Washington Post)

5. I forgot to post this one way back in February, but it is definitely worth going back and making sure to include here.  Author Nancy Kelley tells authors exactly what they don't want to hear...that they need to figure out how to handle bad reviews already for.the.love.of.pete.and.sally.and.me. She does a brilliant job, I think, and I want to give her much thanks for a well-written and much appreciated point-of-view post. (via Indie Jane)

6. If you read one article here, make it Tasha's Literary House Hunters Mash Up.  What would Lizzie and Darcy or Ron and Hermione be like on House Hunters International?  (via Book Riot)




6 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for the linkage, Becca! I heard about Achebe passing away this week, too. Sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And yes I almost cried right then and there.

      Delete
  2. Tasha's article was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not heard about Achebe passing-I remember reading Things Fall Apart in school and now need to schedule a reread of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, too, and it was a book that has stayed with me since. And that was like 16-17 years ago! Holy crap I'm getting old, lol. I have the book somewhere in a box. I have to find it and get it out because my sister wants to re-read it and then I do, too!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!