March 26, 2013

All About Firsts: Poison by Bridget Zenn

Today I am participating in a blog tour for Poison by Bridget Zinn to get the word out about the late author's first book, which she didn't get to see published. 

For the tour we are talking about a "first" in our lives.  I thought I would talk about the first book review I ever wrote.  It was for Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn by Donald Spoto.  I had read it in December 2008, but I did not start the blog until January 2009 so it was the first book I reviewed.  It is very short but I have always favored short reviews.  It was very scary for me to put my thoughts out into the world but it was also exhilarating.  Is that how you felt, too?

On the Google+ discussion group, several new bloggers expressed concerned about not having many subscribers or comments.  When I wrote this first review, I had no subscribers, no comments, nothing.  It was very early.  Now I have over 400 subscribers and at least one comment on all my posts.  So if you are a newbie blogger, don't give up!  Just keep writing and networking and you will build your dream blog!  :)

Now, if you want to learn about more firsts, check out Bridget Zenn's book, Poison, which is about a different first.  


Sixteen-year-old Kyra, a highly-skilled potions master, is the only one who knows her kingdom is on the verge of destruction—which means she’s the only one who can save it. Faced with no other choice, Kyra decides to do what she does best: poison the kingdom’s future ruler, who also happens to be her former best friend.
But, for the first time ever, her poisoned dart . . . misses.
Now a fugitive instead of a hero, Kyra is caught in a game of hide-and-seek with the king’s army and her potioner ex-boyfriend, Hal. At least she’s not alone. She’s armed with her vital potions, a too-cute pig, and Fred, the charming adventurer she can’t stop thinking about. Kyra is determined to get herself a second chance (at murder), but will she be able to find and defeat the princess before Hal and the army find her?
Kyra is not your typical murderer, and she’s certainly no damsel-in-distress—she’s the lovable and quick-witted hero of this romantic novel that has all the right ingredients to make teen girls swoon.


Purchase your copy of Poison:






Add Poison to your Goodreads pile!


About Bridget Zinn

Bridget grew up in Wisconsin. She went to the county fair where she met the love of her life, Barrett Dowell. They got married right before she went in for exploratory surgery which revealed she had colon cancer. They christened that summer the "summer of love" and the two celebrated with several more weddings. Bridget continued to read and write until the day she died. Her last tweet was "Sunshine and a brand new book. Perfect."

Bridget wanted to make people laugh and hoped readers would enjoy spending time with the characters she created. As a librarian/writer she loved books with strong young women with aspirations. She also felt teens needed more humorous reads. She really wanted to write a book with pockets of warmth and happiness and hoped that her readers' copies would show the watermarks of many bath time reads.


12 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness...I remember stumbling across POISON on Amazon and thinking it looked cute, but I had no idea what the author was dealing with -- oh it just breaks my heart that she didn't live to see her "book baby" published. But I'm glad she knew it was en route. Thanks for this post...I'll definitely check out POISON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It is heartwrenching to think about not getting to see it being read by others!

      Delete
  2. How sad that she didn't get to see her book published. :( I don't even remember what my first book review was for, but I know I published it on Amazon. This was before I even had a blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the olden days! :) I don't know if I had reviewed a book on Amazon or not because I lost my old info when I deleted my old e-mail account.

      Delete
  3. Great encouraging words, Becca. The most important thing newbies should keep in mind is that it should always ultimately be about blogging for themselves. An important thing to remember, I think.

    So sad about Bridget. She sounds like she was a sweet person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! And thanks! I hate that Bridget did not live to see her dreams realized. So wonderful that her friends put this together for her.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know. As soon as I was contacted about helping get the word out about her book, I knew I had to.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing the story of Bridget's life. It sounds like she was a very special young woman; an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It broke my heart when I read about it. I knew I had to help out by getting the word out about her book!

      Delete
  6. It definitely takes time to build a blog-it took me months to get followers and comments and it is reflective of how much effort you put into networking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I think it can be disheartening when you put in so much effort and it goes unnoticed, but you just have to keep plugging away at it!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!