February 25, 2013

What I'm Reading Mondays and Weekly Wrap-Up for 02/25/13


Another great reading week, thanks to doing pretty much nothing but reading and watching TV all week!

I finally finished Beloved Enemy and reviewed it, as well as Justice.  I also read and reviewed four children's books.  I started two more books and I'm back to reading A Study in Scarlet again.

What are you reading this week?

FINISHED READING:


Books:


Beloved Enemy: The Passions of Aquitaine by Ellen Jones
Pages Read: 295


Jusice (Deck of Lies #1) by Jade Varden
Pages Read: 57

Kidlit:

Dr. Hicker-Up: The Hiccup Healing Man by Katherine Ladney Mitchell
Pages Read: 21
(Review)



Daylight/Moonlight by Matt Patterson
(Review)



Magic Words translated by Edward Fields
(Review)




On Daddy's Shoulders by Peter Larson
(Review)


Short Stories:


Redeployment by Phil Klay
Fire and Forget: Short Stories on the Long War
Pages Read: 4 of 12
(These stories are intense to me.  I have to take breaks sometimes.)


Poetry:

None this week


CURRENTLY READING:


Books:


A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra
Last Week: 0 %
This Week: 23%
Pages Read: 92
*For Review from Net Galley*


America Again: Re-Becoming the Greatness We Never Weren't by Stephen Colbert
Pages Read: 147
*Purchased*


The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
This Week: 3%
Pages Read: 50
Working on: The Study of Scarlet (Novel)
This Week: Chapter 3
(This one is kind of hard to gauge given that there are four novels and dozens of short stories in the one collection.  I can't do page numbers or percentages on individual novels so I am doing Chapters to show my place.  I will add page numbers for % of whole book read to my total below.)
*Purchased*

Short Stories:

Fire and Forget: Short Stories on the Long War

Poetry:

None right now




WHAT'S NEXT:


Books:


Sexy Feminism: A Girl's Guide to Love, Success, and Style
by
*For review via Net Galley*



A Soul's Calling by Scott Bishop
*For review from author*

Short Stories:

TBD

Poetry:


The Ecopoetry Anthology edited by 
*For review via Net Galley*


Weekly Wrap Up -

REVIEW POSTS:
~ Justice (Deck of Lies #1) by Jade Varden
~ Littlest Bookworm: Kidlit Reviews on Lost in Books
~ Beloved Enemy by Ellen Jones 

OTHER POSTS:
~ Top Ten Favorite Historical Fiction Characters
~ Little Things: 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing
~ The Last Train: 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing
~ Blogger Shout-Outs, Week 7

STATS:
Books Read: 6
Pages Read: 681
Challenge Progressions:
Around the World in 80 Books - 4/80 (no change this week)
Colorful Reading Challenge - 0/9
Diving Into Poetry Challenge - 3 Poems, 1 Featured Poet, 1 Book (no change)
Four Month Challenge - 6/20 Read for 60 Points (no change)
Historical Fiction Challenge - 1/10 (+1)
Kidlit Read and Review Challenge - 14/30 Read (+4)
Literary Expolorations Challenge - 4/24 (+2)
Men in Uniform Challenge - 1/5 (no change)
Reading Outside the Box - 0 Read 
Resolution Challenge - 0/10
Telling Tales Challenge - 1/5 (no change)
Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Challenge - 4/12 (no change)
YA Reading Challenge - 2/20 (+1)

9 comments:

  1. Your week sounds so good-I cannot wait to kick back and do more reading as I've been very stressed by work this month. March should be more relaxed. I also have Sexy Feminism in my reading queue-hope we like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't wait to read your thoughts on it!

      I hope you can get in some more reading time, too!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you got a lot of reading done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been on a roll lately! I hope it continues!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So far, I am liking it. It is a good collection.

      Delete
  4. Becca, I worry about these books I cannot start to read. However, after reading how well-planned and determined you are in moving to the next level of your reading pace, I am just embarrassed. I feel so lethargic. Thanks for the reminders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It's about reading what you want to and what makes you happy. If it doesn't make you keep turning the pages, it's not worth it!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!