February 18, 2013

What I'm Reading Monday and Weekly Wrap Up - 2/18/13


I finished reading a novella, a cookbook, and several children's books (which I reviewed on my other blog).  

I am still working on two books I was reading last week.  I will finish one of them this week, and hopefully put a big dent in the other.  

I read over 500 pages this week, which is a lot for me!  I am proud of myself. :) 

What are you reading this week?


FINISHED READING:

Books:



A Bite's Tail by Veronica Blade
(Review)


The Crocodile Does Not Bite by Joe Kulka

Lester's Dreadful Sweaters by K.G. Campbell



Princess Addison Gets Angry by Molly Martin


                                                   

Cozy Classics: Moby-Dick and Pride and Prejudice
(Review)



Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld
(Review)
Short Stories:

none

Poetry:

None, though I reviewed two I read last week (see link below)



CURRENTLY READING:


Books:



Beloved Enemy: The Passions of Eleanor of Aquitaine by Ellen Jones
Last Week: 35%
This Week: 45%
Pages Read This Week: 56
Note: I am finding this book very interesting but difficult to read quickly. I have to keep taking breaks from it to absorb it.  I feel almost like I might finish it by March at this rate. :(


Justice (Deck of Lies #1) by Jade Varden
Last Week: 25%
This Week: 73%

Pages Read This Week: 75

Short Stories:



Fire and Forget: Short Stories on the Long War


Poetry:
Langston Hughes

WHAT'S NEXT:


Books:



A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra
Note: Same book on the waiting list as last week.  I hope I can start it this week.

Short Stories:

TBD

Poetry:

TBD

Weekly Wrap Up-

REVIEW POSTS:
~A Bite's Tail by Veronica Blade
~February Featured Poet: Langston Hughes- Acceptance and I Dream a World
~Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food by Jessica Seinfeld


OTHER POSTS:
~Writing Challenge - The Mayor
~Waiting on Wednesday
~30 Days of Writing - The day I met Abraham Lincoln
~Blogger Shout Outs, Week 6
~Take Me Away...to Nigeria - A Trip in Books!

I'm hosting a Women's Lit Event in March!  Want to Guest Post on Lost in Books?  Sign up here!


WEEKLY STATS:
Books Read: 7
Pages Read: 519 - wow! That's a lot for me.
Challenge Progressions:
Around the World in 80 Books - 4/80 (no change this week)
Colorful Reading Challenge - 0/9
Diving Into Poetry Challenge - 3 Poems, 1 Featured Poet, 1 Book (no change)
Four Month Challenge - 6/20 Read for 60 Points (+3)
Historical Fiction Challenge - 0/10
Kidlit Read and Review Challenge - 10/30 Read (+5)
Literary Expolorations Challenge - 2/24 (no change)
Men in Uniform Challenge - 1/5 (+1)
Reading Outside the Box - 0 Read 
Resolution Challenge - 0/10
Telling Tales Challenge - 1/5 (+1)
Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Challenge - 4/12 (+3)
YA Reading Challenge - 1/20 (no change)

12 comments:

  1. The cover for Lester's Dreadful Sweaters is so cute-I missed your review of it so I'll need to go check that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually posted on my other blog for children's books, that's probably why! Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete
  2. The Google group and all of this too?! Wow! You've been busy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes I have. And there are actually a couple more projects in the works!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I am excited because it has been pretty slow lately.

      Delete
  4. Well done getting so much read this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was pretty happy with it.

      Delete
  5. You had a great week! Hope this one is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a busy week. Eleanor of Aquitaine is usually interesting reading but my reading has slowed to snails pace so not the time for me to take on a historical that requires undivided attention lol
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so interesting, but a very long drawn out read. It is a chunker too. Hope you can get your reading mojo back this week!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!