February 11, 2013

What I'm Reading and Weekly Wrap Up - 2/11/13


I finished reading a novella, I continued reading Beloved Enemy, and I started a new book for review.

I read another story from Fire and Forget and I read several poems by Langston Hughes.

I did not post too much this week or get as much reading done as I would have liked, as I was traveling and then helping a friend move.  But there is always next week!


FINISHED READING:
Books:


In Too Deep by Kathryn Shay


Short Stories:


Tips for a Smooth Transition by Siobhan Fallon
from Fire and Forget: Short Stories from the Long War


Poems:
All by Langston Hughes-
Acceptance
Demand
I Continue to Dream
I Dream a World



CURRENTLY READING:
Books:


Beloved Enemy by Ellen Jones
(for review from Net Galley)
This Week: 35% done
Last Week: 24% done
Progress: 60 pages this week


Justice (Deck of Lies #1) by Jade Varden
(for review from author)
25% done
Progress: 38 pages read


Short Stories:


Redeployment by Phil Klay
Fire and Forget: Short Stories from the Long War



Poetry:

Langston Hughes, featured poet of the month


WHAT'S NEXT:
Books:


A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra
(for review from Net Galley)



Short Stories:

TBD


Poetry:

TBD

REVIEW POSTS:
~Blog Tour: Reviews of Blood Fugue and Witch's Nocturne (Moonsongs #1 and #2) by E.J. Wesley
~In Too Deep by Kathryn Shay

OTHER POSTS:
~What Do You Think #11- What Can Be Done?
~Blogger Shout Outs, Week 5

WEEKLY STATS:
Books Read: 1
Pages Read: 151
Challenge Statuses:
Around the World in 80 Books - 4/80 (no change this week)
Colorful Reading Challenge - 0/9
Diving Into Poetry Challenge - 3 Poems, 1 Featured Poet, 1 Book (no change)
Four Month Challenge - 5/20 Read for 55 Points (+2)
Historical Fiction Challenge - 0/10
Kidlit Read & Review Challenge - 5/30 Read (no change)
Literary Expolorations Challenge - 2/24 (no change)
Men in Uniform Challenge - 1/5 (+1)
Reading Outside the Box - 0 Read 
Resolution Challenge - 0/10
Telling Tales Challenge - 0/6
Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Challenge - 3/12 (+2)
YA Reading Challenge - 1/20 (no change)

6 comments:

  1. So the short story collection is about Afghanistan? I'm not sure I've read any stories about that, but I have read some great poetry about Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the whole collection is about the Iraq/Afghanistan conflicts, as well as the impact they had on soldiers after they return.

      Delete
  2. What a pretty cover for A Constellation of Vital Phenomena. Usually I like ones with more colors but this one is really working for me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I read every single comment and try my best to reply to all of them. Thanks so much! You rock!! :)