February 1, 2013

Mini-Bloggiesta Weekend!!!



It is officially the start of the Mini-Bloggiesta!  

This is my first Bloggiesta I have ever participated in (I know!) and so I am super excited.  

If you don't know what Bloggiesta is, it is time set aside to update and improve your blog from catching up on reviews to updating/cleaning out sidebars to implementing a new color scheme.  

I have lots I want to accomplish this weekend and I hope I get the chance to complete all the tasks, or at the very least, most of the tasks.

So, what DO I want to accomplish this weekend?


THE CLEAN UP YOUR BLOG MINI-CHALLENGE

1. My Blog Roll needs to be weeded through and cleaned out.  I have not done that since I came back from my year-long hiatus so it is WAY overdue.  Some people have moved their blogs to different hosts while some have quit blogging and have deleted their blogs altogether (boo). 

2. Tasha B. reminded me that I want to update my pages, especially my ratings pages.

3. While I have fixed the Linkys for the Kidlit Read & Review Challenge, I need to make sure everything is good with the Colorful Review Challenge.  I also need to make sure February posts are included.



ALSO

4. I want to take time to work on making sure my blog schedule is up to date and filled.  I am learning to schedule things more efficiently.  I have become more organized by using an online calendar that I can color code that is separate from my personal calendar.  I want to make sure I am spacing reviews at the right intervals so that even though I read slower than some, I can still get the books read and reviewed in a timely manner and I don't forget to do any reviews (this happened several times when I first started blogging in 2009.)

5. I want to get several posts written and scheduled throughout the month for the Dive Into Poetry Challenge.  I am dedicating the month of February to the poet Langston Hughes (who, coincidentally was born on February 1st) and I want to get the reviews written for the poems I have read so far.



I am wanting to participate in the #bloggiesta Twitter chat Saturday night at 10pm, but not sure yet whether I will be home at that time.  



Are you participating in the Mini-Bloggiesta?  Want to? (You know you do.)  Sign up here.  

What goals are you looking to complete this weekend if you are participating?

32 comments:

  1. Scheduling blog posts in advance is something I'd like to get done this weekend too. :) Best of luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with accomplishing all your goals this weekend--sounds like a great to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am getting a bit of a late start, too. :/

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your blog tweaking this weekend :-) I'm going to cull my sidebar a bit too and work on scheduling - I've fallen way behind.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you, too! I will come by and check out your progress a little later!

      Delete
  4. Did not realize it was Bloggiesta Weekend but can't participate anyway :( which is sad as I have several tasks I'd love to get done (like updating review archive and cleaning up my google reader). Good luck with your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Google Reader is another good one! You and I might just have to pick another weekend and get some more stuff done!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your goals! I desperately need to set up a calender online so I can schedule my posts better. But before scheduling, I need to actually WRITE the posts, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I actually do both, Hollie. I schedule when I need to have a review, for example, written and posted by. It helps me not to forget anything.

      Delete
  6. I'm also coming back from a bit of a hiatus, though not really an intentional one. It just sort of petered out. So I know what you mean about checking to make sure that everything still links up, and updating the blogroll, and such!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bit of a burn-out myself. It's actually more common than I realized. I hope you are enjoying it again!

      Delete
  7. I'm participating too! Thanks for reminding me about the blogging schedule - I have one but I've actually come to the end of it, so I don't even know what I should post next week. I'll be working on it.

    Have a good time at Bloggiesta. Hope you get lots done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always, always, always want to schedule posts in advance. And I'm always, always, always a dismal failure at it :P Oh well! I'll keep planning on doing it and maybe one day it'll happen ;) Good luck!

    Maria @ novalibrarymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will happen one day! It is taking me some time to get in the hang of it myself. One day I will have it down! :-)

      Delete
  9. Good luch completely all your tasks, I'm hoping to catch up on some long overdue review sthis weekend. I'd really like to try using a colour coded calender system to stay more organised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a lot of reviews written! The calendar is really helping me.

      Delete
  10. You've done a lot so far! Updating my pages didn't take as long as I thought it would, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be fair, I just took the blog roll off instead of weeding through it. I have a blog button collection that I am going to keep updated and that's about all I want to mess with right now. I took a look at my pages, though. Scary.

      Delete
  11. Your list is a good one - the calendar is a great idea especially the colour coding. I need to organise myself and schedule more posts as when i am working i am too busy! Good luck with the rest of your list :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great list! Thanks for sharing...and I'll be back.

    Here's BLOGGIESTA POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I missed your Bloggiesta post so I will come check it out!

      Delete
  13. So glad to have you participating! Looks like you are getting some great stuff done. Be sure to join us again in March for the "big" event with tons more challenges. Love the look of your blog, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suey! I think I will participate in March, too. I didn't cross the last item off my list.

      Delete
  14. Great goals! I should do some scheduling too... And it looks like you've accomplished quite of lot. :)
    Langston Hughes? Never heard of him...I think I'm going to check back later in the month to see those reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Langston Hughes is a treasure. I do hope you come by and check him out!

      Delete
  15. I'm so glad that you participated this time around!! I hope you have been having a great time and getting a lot done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get a lot accomplished and it was great!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!