February 22, 2013

Blogger Shout Outs, Week 7


A weekly feature in which I give credit to YOU.


DISCUSSION POSTS TO CHECK OUT...
1. Sunday Salon: The Online Trend of Going Offline @ The 3 R's Blog.  (I forgot to post this last week!) "The new challenge of 'balance' is maintaining our connections while trying to keep 'being connected' from eating up our lives."

2. Heart Books @ A Striped Armchair - "But there was always one question that troubled me: 'What is a book that has changed your life?'"

3. The Sunday Symposium: To Finish or Not to Finish...THAT is the question @ The Starry-Eyed Revue - "I have this problem where I can't NOT finish a book..."

4. Valentine from a Reader @ Worducopia - "I wrote you a little poem about my love for reading."  (And I love it!)




5. Beware of Women Readers @ Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Books - "A part of me wonders if Carroll's female fans in The Following--who are all total psychos--reflect a greater tension in our society over reading and writing being cast as a feminine activity, and the supposed rise of books by, for, and about women."

6. That's What Chey Said: Disappointment in highly-anticipated books @ The Hollow Cupboards - "In a way, it's kind of feels like falling for someone, only to realize that they're not who you think they are." (Who hasn't been through this?)

7. THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING! B.A.D.D. (Book Attention Deficit Disorder)- Symptoms @ Rabid Reader - Seriously, you guys.  I totally have this.  Do you??



ADDED TO MY TBR...



1. Corsets and Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances edited by Trisha Telep, thanks to Andi @ Estella's Revenge's What I'm Reading Post- "I decided some stories might do the trick to shake up my reading. I was right."

2. The Burning Air by Erin Kelly, thanks to S. Krishna's Books
"It's explosive, but quiet at the same time, about one sick person's twisted desire for revenge."

3. Empress by Shan Sa, thanks to Serena's Mailbox Monday post @ Savvy Verse and Wit

4. The Trouble with Fate by Leigh Evans, thanks to Rabid Reader- "Good story. Good writing. Good dialogue. And I want to read the next novel."

5. City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster, thanks to Princess Bookie- "This was so different. Right from the get go, I knew this one would be unique.  I raced right through it and found myself laughing and smiling quite a bit.  And, I liked how it all played out."


Picture thanks to Tif.

6. Time for Sleep's Jack and the Beanstalk, thanks to @Tif Talks Books - "Time for Sleep has brought this classic into the digital age by providing a modern version in both storybook and rhyming format."

7. Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King, thanks to @ I Read Banned Books - "There is so much going on in this book and props to King for keeping everything sorted and beautifully balanced."

8. Unremembered by Jessica Brody, thanks to Tynga's Reviews - She says she was disappointed by all the questions left, but since I sometimes like that, the book still interests me.




9. Undone by Cat Clarke, thanks to Cosy Up Book Reviews- "Undone tackles homophobia, suicide, grief, self esteem, bullying, and revenge. While Jem isn't always likable, she is scarily relatable. With twists and turns Clarke constantly keeps you questioning stereotypes." 

10. Austensibly Ordinary by Alyssa Goodnight, thanks to @Austenprose - "I love how the story stays tethered to Austen, though she wasn't the entire focus."


TBR TALLIES...
Out of the 110 Books Added to my TBR List Since October 2013--

1. Devourer of Books has added 7
2. Luxury Reading - 6
3. S. Krishna's Books - 5
4. Tanzanite's Castle -4
5. I Read Banned Books - 4 
6. BookNAround - 3
7. The Boston Bibliophile - 3
8. Parajunkie's View - 3
9. Passages to the Past - 3
10. Princess Bookie - 3
11. Savvy Verse and Wit - 3

Check back next week to see the new results!

BOOK BLOGS DISCOVERED...


COMMENTER TALLIES THIS WEEK...
1. Bookworm1858 - 6
2. Tasha B. - 5
3. Kathy R. - 4
4. Jenners - 3
5. Ziva - 2
6. Ali - 1
7. Book Cupid - 1
8. Carol's Notebook - 1
9. Cecelia - 1
10. Kaitlyn Hoyt - 1
11. Kristen M. (BookNAround) - 1
12. Lenore Appelhans - 1
13. life in the mom lane - 1
14. Mark Baker - 1
15. nickyf - 1
16. nonamedufus - 1
17. QuirkyBookandFilmBuff - 1
18. Ryan Groff - 1
19. Teddyree - 1
20. Vasilly - 1
21. vintagefrills - 1
22. Yvonne - 1


to my regular commenters, whether you leave 1 or 10, and to my new commenters, and to every one who leaves one when they can!  


2013 LEADERBOARD
(I moved up the date!  Top Commenters receive special bookish prizes at the end of June! Get your commenting on!)

1st Place: Tasha B. - 45 total
2nd Place: Bookworm1858 - 26 total
3rd: Kathy (Bermudaonion) - 21 total
4th: Jenners - 15 total
5th: Tif - 12 total
6th: Kaitlyn Hoyt - 7 total



8 comments:

  1. I want to read The Burning Air after reading Swapna's review, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting discussion posts this week-I have bookmarked them all so that I can go back and read them this weekend when I have time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for the shout-out! I'm so glad you liked my poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the linkage, Becca! Lots of interesting bookish articles this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!