February 15, 2013

Blogger Shout Outs, Week 6


A weekly feature in which I give credit to YOU.


BLOG POSTS TO CHECK OUT...
1. Check out the Book Signing Event that I went to last week (as if you hadn't heard about it from me yet) with the awesome Susan @ Wastepaper Prose


Me and Lenore @ The Fountain Bookstore in Richmond last week.


2. The First Rule of Currently Reading is Don't Talk About Currently Reading @ Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Books
3. February 12, 1809- Birth of President Lincoln- How Would He Have Fared in the Polls?  @ Rhapsody in Books



4. Q & A with Maryka Biaggio, who wrote Parlor Games @ Peeking Between the Pages
5. Extra: Bookstore Encounter in Asia @ A Guy's Moleskine Notebook

BONUS LINK: Since I totally messed this link up last week, I am posting it again.  Sorry, Jill!  
Celebrating Black History Month @ Rhapsody in Books


ADDED TO MY TBR...
1. Literary Rogues by Andrew Shaffer, thanks to Devourer of Books
2. Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien, thanks to eclectic/eccentric



3. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz, thanks to The Book Smugglers
4. Hysteria by Megan Miranda, thanks to Pen to Paper
5. The Burn Palace by Stephen Dobyns, thanks to S. Krishna's Books
6. You have to hand it to Aarti of Book Lust.  She is getting me to read a scary book thanks to her review for We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson



7. Strangelets by Michelle Gagnon, thanks to the Waiting on Wed. post @ Book Twirps
8. Far From the Tree: Parents, Children and the Search for Identity by Andrew Solomon, thanks to Book Addiction
9. The Dinner: A Novel by Herman Koch, thanks also to Book Addiction
10. Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler, thanks to Bermudaonion

TBR TALLIES...
(I painstakingly totaled up the tallies since I started posting Blogger Shout Outs when I came back in October.  Check back each week to see the new results!)

Out of the 103 Books Added to my TBR List Since October 2013--

1. Devourer of Books has added 7
2. Luxury Reading - 6
3. S. Krishna's Books - 4
4. Tanzanite's Castle - 4
5. BookNAround - 3
6. The Boston Bibliophile - 3
7. I Read Banned Books - 3
8. Parajunkee's View - 3
9. Passages to the Past - 3

NEW BOOK BLOGS DISCOVERED...




COMMENTERS THIS WEEK....
1. Bookworm1858 - 6
2. Tasha B. - 4
3. Serena - 2
4. Bryan - 1
5. Cecelia - 1
6. Henry Jordan - 1
7. Holly (2 Kids and Tired) - 1
8. Kaitlyn Hoyt - 1
9. Kaity - 1
10. Kathy R. (Bermudaonion) - 1
11. Mari Reads - 1
12. Peaceful Reader - 1
13. Rhapsodyinbooks - 1
14. The Paper Princess - 1
15. Tif - 1



2013 LEADERBOARD
(I moved up the date!  Top Commenters receive special bookish prizes at the end of June! Get your commenting on!)


1st Place: Tasha B. - 40 total
2nd Place: Bookworm1858 - 20 total
3rd: Kathy (Bermudaonion) - 17 total
4th: TIE 
       Jenners and Tif - 12 a piece
5th: Kaitlyn Hoyt - 6 total

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you get the chance to read Calling Me Home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You have totally convinced me I need to. :)

      Delete
  2. AWWWW yeah! Was so thrilled that you drove up!! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! It was so much fun! So glad I did it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the linkage, Becca! The signing you went to looked like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast. I loved meeting Lenore and everyone else!

      Delete
  4. Literary Rogues sounds so interesting-like a great book to just pick up and read a chapter at a time in between other reads. I need to add that to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge Shirley Jackson fan, so I hope you read The House on Haunted Hill, which I think is a little bit better than the other you have listed. Also her collection of short stories, that includes The Lottery, is a must read as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of you and Lenore!!! And, I would love to read that Shirley Jackson book; actually any Jackson book at this point! I've heard such great things about her work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!