February 2, 2013

30 Minus 2 Days of Writing

So in the spirit of trying to do ENTIRELY TOO MUCH STUFF in February, I am going to add on one more thing- the 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing Challenge dreamed up by Nicky and Mike @ We Work for Cheese.  I really need to get in the habit of writing every day if I am ever going to get this book written so this seems like a fun way to get there.

The best part is that there are NO RULES.

That's right.  You read that.  No rules.  It's like the rock star of challenges.  It wants you to be as free with your writing as you wanna be.

So they've given out the prompts (listed below) and now I will be posting daily my little bit of writing (good, bad, indifferent, or completely sucktastic) here for you to love, loathe, or totally talk about behind its back.  It's okay.  It can take it.  It drinks heavily has total confidence in itself.

PROMPTS:

1. Cheesy
2. Hold on
3. And the next thing I knew
4. Friendship
5. You better put out
6. Haven
7. Texting
8. French
9. 15 minutes
10. The mayor
11. Road trip
12. The day I met Abraham Lincoln
13. Unintended
14. Where can I get a good blintz?
15. Or else
16. Music
17. Whatever, dude
18. Home at last
19. Little things
20. The other shoe
21. Last train
22. Compulsively
23. Absurd
24. Confucius
25. Fact or fiction
26. Deal with it
27. And that's why I got drunk
28. Is that all


Since I am already a day behind I will have to double up on the first 2 posts.  

In other news, I just found a story I began on the blog waaaay back in 2009.  I might see about doing something with that, too.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your writing! I am so impressed with the bloggers who do other writing-as for me, my blog writing mostly satisfies that desire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am always impressed by bloggers who manage to pull it off! lol

      Delete
  2. Good luck! If you have an iPhone, there's an app called WriteChain that keeps track of how many words you write every day. I have it set at 1 word/day so I can write as much or as little as I want. The point of it (for me) is more to just have a concrete thing to do as a "reward" for writing every day, as a way to form a habit. If that sentence made any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! What an interesting idea!! I don't have time this month, but I may still borrow a few of these prompts for some journaling instead!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!