January 28, 2013

What I'm Reading Monday - 1/28/13


It's been a slow reading week.  I've been reluctant to pick up the two books I've been reading and so yesterday I started two more. 


FINISHED READING:


Books: 




3 Children's Books for Review
(Look for Reviews on Thursday, 1/31)

Poems: Two (see review link below)
Short Stories: None

CURRENTLY READING:

Books:


Flutter by Melissa Andrea
(Purchased)
21% done


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
(Borrowed from friend)
Pg. 170 of 415
(Struggling getting into this one.)


Blood Fugue (Moonsongs #1) by E.J. Wesley
(For Review)
44% done


In Too Deep (America's Bravest #1)
(For Men in Uniform Challenge)
42% done

Short Stories:
The Monkey's Paw by W.W. Jacobs

WHAT'S NEXT:


Books:


Witches in Nocturne (Moonsongs #2) by E.J. Wesley
(For Review)


Justice (Deck of Lies #1) by Jade Varden
(For Review)

Poems:
A Boy's Will by Robert Frost

Short Stories:
TBD

REVIEWS WRITTEN:
Civil Rights Poetry for MLK Day
Hera, Queen of Gods by T.D. Thomas

OTHER POSTS THIS WEEK:
Bookish Links & Discoveries
Blogger Shoutouts Edition 3
For My Dad
Your Reading List for the Movies
Book Blitz and GIVEAWAY for The Crescent Chronicles by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Celebrating Pride & Prejudice's  200th Birthday

STATS:
Books Read: 3
Pages Read: 205

Challenge Progressions:
+3 for Kidlit Read & Review Challenge


Hoping this week is a better reading week!  What are you reading this week??

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear Gone Girl isn't going well-my mom and sister loved it and I'm hoping to read it this year when I can make some room in my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was recommended I read it by at least 5 bloggers. But I have found since then that I am not the only one who had trouble with it. I think others finished it, but I just had so many other books on my plate I couldn't waste anymore time forcing myself through it. I hate when I don't enjoy a book everyone else has read or enjoyed. :( I think it is definitely worth a try, though.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!