January 30, 2013

What Do You Think? #10


Today's Question:

What do you think constitutes the ideal personal library?



My Personal Thoughts:

My ideal library would look a lot like the library Belle discovers in the Beast's castle.  It would be huge with with lots of shelves (and a few empty ones for later purchases, of course.)   It would have one of those sliding ladders - I always wanted a sliding ladder- and the books would be organized by either genre or name.  Maybe both.  I would want it to include lots of plush, comfy furniture and a reading nook by a large window.  I want a table next to all seats that I can place a cup of tea or iced lemonade on.  It should also have a fireplace.  Gotta have a fireplace.  

THIS. IS. MY DREAM.



What are YOUR thoughts?  What would make your personal library the ideal place to read?  No dream is too big!

20 comments:

  1. You pretty much described my ideal library too. But also, I would have a little mini-fridge, as long as the front panel looks like books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! That's a good addition. Also, a clever design.

      Delete
  2. I love the library from Beauty and the Beast. If I could have a library and a green house like built together, I would one happy girl. Haha, I love plants and the outdoors and it be awesome if I could combine those. OR! Like a library treehouse...that sounds weird, but it looks awesome in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually a treehouse library sounds pretty awesome! It would be a great hideaway- no one to disturb you. Nice!

      Delete
  3. That would be pretty sweeeeeet!!! Of course I would want my own personal coffee and snack shop in it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have a joke that when I become rich and famous that I want to have a library complete with marble shelves. Though this sounds ridiculous and completely impractical, it's nice to dream. Someday, I will have a library though and as much as I would love for it to look like Belle's or have marble shelves, I would be happy with it as long as I'm surrounded by books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just the thought of being surrounded by books makes my mind drift off into happy daydreams! Marble shelves are totally not impractical, either. I say you keep that idea going! :D

      Delete
  5. Yep, mine looks like Belle's! I think almost all of us in the blogosphere would admit to wanting a library like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think hers is the quintessential library.

      Delete
  6. I'd like a secret library hidden in my house. Then I could go in there and read and no one would be able to find me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would add a coffee maker because I love coffee, otherwise your description is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd take Belle's library, but it would have to have a computer catalog with an RFID system so I could find the book I wanted! Also the mini-fridge and a popcorn popper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Warm wood, comfy chairs, a fireplace, lots of shelves, ladders, one of those sliding ladders in fact, lots of natural light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds dreamy! Can we transport ourselves there now, in fact?

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!