January 25, 2013

For My Dad

Today is the 4th anniversary of my dad's passing so I wanted to remember that with the poem, "Don't Stand at my Grave and Weep."  Miss you, dad, but I know a part of you is still with me. 


Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.


Dad

9 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet poem! Thank you so much for sharing! (It's hits close to home since I lost my dad last year.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it brings you some comfort like it has me, Tif! ((Hugs!))

      Delete
  2. *hugs* I love this poem and it has brought me comfort as well. Hang on to all your good memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that poem is lovely and comforting. I love it. As you know, we share this loss of our dads and I know that four years still feels like nothing, doesn't it? The loss comes home to hit you over and over again. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww *hug* I lost my dad two years ago in April.
    It still doesn't feel real.

    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Hug* back! It often doesn't seem real to me, too, even though it has been four years. Sometimes it feels too crazy to be true. He was so young and full of life.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!