January 7, 2013

DOWNTON ABBEY: A Recap in #Tweets



SPOILER ALERT! 

Just in case the word "RECAP" didn't give it away on a platter and someone gets all mad.


So I just enjoyed 2 hours of glorious television.  The season 3 premier of Downton Abbey could win an Emmy all on its own.  It did not disappoint.  What made it even better was the live tweeting that I and about a million other fans were doing during the show.  The comments kept rolling in and laughter ensued.  Here are the best Downton Abbey tweets I saw along with some very unforgettable Season 3 moments.  (I included a couple of my own tweets that were retweeted by people. What can I say?  I'm hella funny. ;) )


@morsini: "Watching Downton, eating Raisinettes, and drinking port. It's basically an evening just like they had in 1920."

Laura Linney: "The Crowley family is so addictive they should be classified as a controlled substance." Well-said.

Matthew to Isobel Crawley: "You must think country life more exciting than it is if you imagine people don’t care when an Earl’s daughter runs off with a chauffeur."

Carson to Thomas: "May I remind you, Mr Barrow, that in this house Mr. Bates is a wronged man seeking justice. If you have any problems with that definition, I suggest you eat in the yard."

@tomandlorenzo: "Hobbledehoys?" Carson just made that up. 

@imlostinbooks: "Are you really that tall? I thought you might be walking on stilts." Oh, Dowager Countess, you slay me.

@MrsNickelSmith: "1920s - where you can marry your wife for her fortune and then loose it all without telling her."

Mrs. Patmore to Daisy:
"Oh dear, have you swallowed a dictionary?"


@NinaGarcia: "Slightly new but not too different" change is coming. #DowntonAbbey  (In reference to Edith's new hair.)  (And yes, THE Nina Garcia was tweeting about Downton Abbey!)

Anna to Bates: " I’d rather work to get you free than dine with the king at Buckingham Palace."

@OBriensBangs: "Oh Mr. Mosley stop asking for the things you want. Follow my example and just seize them! (With soap)"





@AustinAni: "I'm going to wake up tomorrow looking like Sybil."


@Austenprose: "Shirley MacLaine as Martha Levinson -
the perfect antidote to stuffiness."

@EricaJMonroe: "They could finance Downton Abbey by simply selling tickets to the cage fight between the Dowagers."

@Austenprose: "Violet and Martha have enough bling reflecting off their persons to light up London."

The Dowager Countess, Lady Violet about Martha: "She is like a homing pigeon. She finds our underbelly every time."


@aimtx: "Okay, worth every moment of waiting
to watch Martha serenade Violet."


@theDowagers_Hat: "It's bad luck to look at me." Honey, it's even worse luck to jump in your bed. 

@theDowagers_Hat: "New  drinking game: Have a swig every time someone says, "Oh, never mind Edith." 

@thewino: "Nevermind Edith is the name of my new cover band."

@amyodell"I would never be happy with anyone else as long as you walked the earth." bf: "want me to say stuff like that to you?" DUH

@heidenkind: "I want to live more simply after the wedding." LOL Erm, you do know who you're marrying, right?

@theDowagers_Hat: ""He won't get off that easily." Mary! Enough with the overshare about your hubby!"



Matthew to Mary: "I was afraid you might not show."
Mary to Matthew: "I would hate to be that predictable."


@askrepow: ""You're next, you'll see" -Cora to Edith. That's backhanded optimism if I've ever seen it. The last one is always next."

@heidenkind: "Drink every time they say "Different kind of life."

@maureenjohnson: "Nobody stares into her soup like Lady Mary. No one."


@imlostinbooks: "Edith, you're dripping desperation all over my screen."


@kvetchingyenta: "What nobody wants to say is that dude is actually too young & full of life for Edith."

@EricaJMonroe: "Edith just needs to hold a radio over her head outside of Sir Anthony's window."       @imlostinbooks: I say, make Thomas.  That would be justice.

@Noble_Bo_Jones: "Dowager Countess needs to channel her inner McGonagall and use some magic to get some dolla dolla bills yo 

@heidenkind: "So what news have you got?" Well, my new cell mate likes to cuddle afterward, but other than that... 


Anna to Bates: "I bought a garter."


@kctins: (In reference to Thomas v. O'Brien)  "Sorry he will be... I can only imagine the fierceness she holds within her mighty bangs." 

@KenCarpenter: "The great scenes, the notable lines are coming too fast and furious. Tough to live tweet." Word.

@EricaJMonroe: ""Mrs. Patmore, would you please leave the hysteria to me?" Only Downton could make a possible cancer screening funny."

The Dowager Countess to Lady Mary: ""Never mistake a wish for a certainty."

Lord Grantham to Thomas: "Are you not popular downstairs?"  Understatement of the century.


The Dowager Countess to Lord Grantham: 
"Oh I'm so sorry, I thought you were a waiter."


@leighderhosen: "Now I ain't saying she's a golddigger...

@JessGlenMyers: "Watching Downton Abbey reminds me of reading a fine piece of literature. Only with pictures. LOL"

@imlostinbooks: "Downton Abbey should make a book just of Maggie Smith's one-liners. Who wouldn't buy that? 





What do you think of the Recap in #Tweets?   What did you think of Downton Abbey's Season 3 Premier?  Share, share! 

3 comments:

  1. Bates totally did it. lol He should still be set free, though, because killing Vera was definitely justifiable homicide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine they will write him off the show so I hope they do something exciting with him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Becca, so funny. It all flies by so fast I miss so much so this recaps is perfect. Thanks for including my tweets, LA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!