January 25, 2013

BLOGGER SHOUT-OUTS! - Edition 3



Posts Not to Be Missed...
1. Discussion on Critizing v. Critiquing @ The Literary Omnivore

2. Crime Fiction Lover has a great piece about Grit Lit, or Southern Noir Fiction.

3. I loved reading Kara-Karina @ Nocturnal Book Review's post about the books that made her fall in love with Asia.

4. Turn of the Century Bestsellers: 1913 @ Bluestalking


Added to my TBR List...
1. The Bro Code for Parents by Barney Stinson on Audiobook thanks to Jen @ Devourer of Books (Jen is soo bad for my TBR!)

2. My Notorious Life by Kate Manning thanks to Amy @ Passages of the Past, who featured the book on one of her New Releases posts.

3. Also from Amy @ Passages of the Past, I added India Black and the Rejah's Ruby by Carol K. Carr after reading her review.

4. The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon and The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley, thanks to the Dreaming of Books post by Kara-Karina @ Nocturnal Book Reviews

5. Dreamer (and Pursurer) by Monique Morgan thanks to Vera @ Luxury Reading

6. The Blogger Abides by Chris Higgins thanks to Tasha @ Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Books

7. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons thanks to Laura's Review Bookshelf

8. The Disappeared by C.J. Harper thanks to Books of Amber

9. Temple of a Thousand Faces by John Shors thanks to Kristen @ BookNAround's Waiting on Wednesday post.


Book Blogs Discovered...



Top Commenters for the Week
Total tallies will begin next week. The top commenters at the end of the year will win a bookish prize. (It might be helpful to distinguish your Disqus name to make sure I don't count yours separately or with someone else.)


Note: I apologize for comments being kind of wonky this week.  I removed Disqus, which made all previous comments on Disqus look like they were made by me for whatever reason.  I missed seeing who wrote one comment on a post and lost at least one but I appreciated it fully! Commenting should now all work properly.

1. Heidenkind- 6
2. Jenners - 3
3. alexia561 - 1
4. Ana T. - 1
5. Beth Fish Reads - 1
6. Bookworm1858 - 1
7. Carol's Notebook - 1
8. Kara-Karina - 1
9. Kathy (bermudaonion) - 1
10. Katherine Nabity - 1
11. Marg Bates - 1
12. Marie Burton - 1
13. Rajni - 1
14. Susan Flynn - 1


2013 Leaderboard


1st Place: Heidenkind - 21 total
2nd: Kathy (Bermudaonion) - 14 total
3rd: Jenners - 9 total
4th: Literary Feline - 5 total
5th: Tif (Tif Talks Books) - 4 total
6th: Chris Howard - 3 total



for commenting!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Becca! :) It wasn't me, just one of my authors. But I do love Asia, and I will be checking most of these books out. They sound absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for linking to my review! I'm glad you have put The Disappeared on your TBR :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in giving credit where credit is due! :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!