January 11, 2013

BLOGGER SHOUT-OUTS - Edition 1


Posts Not to be Missed...
1. The Negative Side of Positive Reviews: making Indie authors soft by Riley Banks. (This post is from Nov. but I just discovered it so wanted to share anyway.)

2. Comic: My 2013 Resolution by Kay @ The Infinite Curio

3. On boy books.  Otherwise known as OMG SOMEONE THINK OF OUR BOY CHILDREN by Pam @ Bookalicio.us

4. Books Characters from Downton Abbey Should Read by Tasha @ Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Books

5. "She is my favorite antagonist" by Sasha & the Silverfish

6. Peter's list of 12 Things for 2012 made me laugh and nod in agreement @ Kyusi Reader


Added to my TBR List...
1. Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley thanks to Staci @ Life in the Thumb

2. Splintered by A.G. Howard thanks to Parajunkee's View,
Sarah Elizabeth's Bookshelf, Willa's Ramblings, and someone else who's review I now cannot find- oops! UPDATE: Figured it out- it's The Girl in a Cafe

3. Monsters in My Closet by Ruby Urlocker thanks to Serena @ Savvy Verse and Wit

4. The Dead and Buried by Kim Harringtonthanks to Gail @ Ticket to Anywhere

5. Altered by Jennifer Rush thanks to Princess Bookie

6. Elijah's Mermaid by Essie Fox thanks to Vivienne @ Serendipity Reviews

7. Daphne @ Tanzanite's Castle has sold me on Susan Carroll's Dark Queen series with her review of The Lady of Secrets

8. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund thanks to Kate @ The Book Monsters

9. The One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon thanks to S.Krishna's Books, That's What She Read, and The Blog Bibliozine 




Book Blogs Discovered...

1. Book Twirps
2. Bookhounds
3. Melissa's Midnight Musings
4. Sarah Elizabeth's Bookshelf
5. Vivid Reads


Top Commenters for the Week  
Total tallies will begin next week. The top commenters at the end of the year will win a bookish prize. (It might be helpful to distinguish your Disqus name to make sure I don't count yours separately or with someone else.)

1. Heidenkind - 12
2. Kathy (Bermudaonion) - 10
3. Jenners - 4
4. Literary Feline - 4
5. Chris Howard - 3
6. Quirky BookandFilmBuff - 2
7. Anne - 2
8. Kirsten - 2
9. Vasilly - 1
10. Unfinished Person - 1
11. Yvonne - 1
12. Daphne - 1
13. Steph - 1
14. Robyn - 1
15. Robin McCormack - 1
16. Becky (Page Turners) - 1
17. Erica (BookCellarX) - 1
18. Cecelia Larson - 1
19. Sharli - 1


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! I hope you enjoy the series as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts! I can't keep up with all the blogs I would like to and this helps keep me up on things I may have missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great links, Becca. I particularly liked the one about the negative side of positive reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! I loved that post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I really liked hearing that coming from an author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, though you guys are the ones that make it possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's how I feel about round-ups, too! I'm glad to know you like these posts. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As enthusiastic as you are about it, I am confident I will like it also!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!