January 1, 2013

2013 Telling Tales Challenge


I am excited to participate in the Telling Tales Challenge of 2013!  This one is all about FAIRY TALES.  *giddy excitement ensues*  I have been wanting to read more fairy tales and fairy-tale-retellings so this fits in perfectly with my reading goals for the year.  

There are many different levels of participation.  I want to participate in the coolest level which is King/Queen of the Silver Screen - read any number of books and watch the film adaptations.   Told ya.  Coolest level.  

I already know I will be diving into The Grimm's Fairy Tales, as I downloaded the book last month.  I also hope to get in some fairy tale re-tellings, too.  The films I have not even contemplated yet.  There have got to be loads!  I can think of 15 off the top of my head.  *giddy excitement continues*  

I will be marking my progress here on this post, which you will be able to access from my sidebar throughout the year.  I will collect all the review links here.  


1. CINDERELLA
Book: A Bite's Tail by Veronica Blade  (February)
Movie: Ever After with Drew Barrymore (June)

2. HANSEL AND GRETEL
Book: Hansel and Gretel @ The Blue Fairy Book (August)
Movie:

3. THE ELVES AND THE SHOEMAKER 
Book:
Movie: 

4. LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD
Book: Little Red Riding Hood @ The Blue Fairy Book (August)
Movie:


5. SNOW-WHITE AND ROSE-RED
Book: Snow-White and Rose-Red @ The Blue Fairy Book (August)
Movie:





I had made up this image already so I will probably be using it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!