January 8, 2013

2013 Literary Explorations Challenge



This challenge, hosted by Literary Exploration Blog,  is all about exploration- which I love- in literature- double love!

The challenge is to pick a level - Easy, Hard, or Insane- and read a book for each category.  The Easy level was too easy for me and Insane I know I would never finish.  Therefore, I am going with the middle road of the Hard challenge.  (Who knew that the Hard level would be middle-of-the-road?)

Here are the categories I have to fulfill by the end of the year.  Each category is linked to book ideas at Goodreads, thanks to Literary Exploration.  I will be posting links to my reviews here as well.  In the future, look for this challenge in my sidebar if you want to see the progress I am making.  The easiest categories will be classics, fantasy, historical fiction, paranormal, and YA.  The hardest for me will be drama, horror, chick-lit, and romance (although I did resolve to read romance this year.)


Hard Challenge
  1. Adventure- Stranglets by Michelle Gagnon -March
  2. Auto-Biography/Biography
  3. Chick-Lit- Love and Skate by Lila Felix - May/June
  4. Classics -The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - April/May
  5. Drama
  6. Fantasy
  7. Graphic Novels
  8. Historical Fiction - Jane by Robin Maxwell - April
  9. Horror
  10. Humour - America Again: Re-Claiming the Greatness We Never Weren't by Stephen Colbert -February
  11. Literary Fiction
  12. Magical Realism
  13. Mystery
  14. Non Fiction - Sexy Feminism by Jennifer Keishin Armstrong and Heather Wood Rudolph - April
  15. Paranormal - The Demon Lover (Fairwick Chronicles #1) by Juliet Dark - January
  16. Philosophical
  17. Poetry- A Boy's Will by Robert Frost - January
  18. Pulp – (Hard-Boiled or Noir)
  19. Romance
  20. Science Fiction - Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans - April
  21. Steampunk
  22. Thriller
  23. Victorian - A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - February
  24. Young Adult - Justice (Deck of Lies #1) by Jade Varden - February

5 comments:

  1. For pulp you should read The Maltese Falcon. I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would, but I have already read it! I really liked it, too. I also liked the movie. Have you seen it? Bogart is pretty awesome in it, but then I am biased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, of course! Bogart was perfect in that role.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!