December 27, 2012

Most Popular Posts at Lost in Books in 2012



2012 is the year I got back into book blogging after a long and, quite possibly, needed absence.  I had gotten busy and then I had gotten bored with it, but now I am back.  I have a lot of new stuff that has come up and I have exciting things planned for the blog in 2013.  Yay!!!

I looked over my posts from 2012 to see which posts you guys responded to the most.  It is necessary to make sure I am giving you guys the content you would like to see from this blog and from me.  Obviously, my big Holiday Extravaganza Giveaways got lots of play, but what other posts did you, as readers, resonate with enough to comment, and which got the most views?  


1. The 2013 Colorful Reading Challenge has 395 views.  Not even close to that many have signed up for the challenge, though.  Why is that?

2. Serena's guest post for the Holiday Extravaganza, Poetry for the Holidays, received 197 page views.  10 Holiday Gifts for the Book Lover  for the Extravaganza received 184 page views.  

3. The number of hits for Pinterest Post: 5 People to Follow and Why made me realize Pinterest is just as addictive to you as it is to me.  I forgot I was going to keep doing that once in a while.  Well, now I've remembered.  

4. My birthday post, entitled My 33 Favorite Books of the Last 33 Years, got 182 hits.

5. You guys love my Take Me Away posts and I am so glad!  I will be continuing them in 2013.  The top posts were Cherokee Culture with 745 hits, Australia with 236 hits and Saudi Arabia with 161.

6. You also enjoyed reading my reflections on What a Bookaholic is Thankful For.  It received 173 hits and 24 comments.

7. My new feature, What Do You Think?, has been a success.  Your favorite post was What Do You Think...of Novellas Inserted into the Middle of Series?  You also liked the very first post, which was called Share Your Opinion.  I love that you guys love to share your thoughts!

8.  Top Ten Tuesday is a popular meme.  Your favorites so far have been Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines and Most Anticipated Books of 2013.  I always get hundreds of hits on these.

9. Booking Through Thursday on August 23rd got 554 hits.  The topic was Discussing Books IRL.

10. Finally, your favorite book reviews:  

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?  by Mindy Kaling  (Reviewed in July)
A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick  (Reviewed in July)
My Issues with The Color of Earth  (Reviewed in October)
Relish: My Life in the Kitchen lby Lucy Knisley (Reviewed in November)

And the favorite was....
Hunger Games Trilogy/Movie: Not Your Typical Review (Reviewed in April)  


2 comments:

  1. This post made me curious about my own page views, so I looked it up. The post from 2012 that has had the most views is my Favorite Ficitonal Character post about Pepe Le Pew, it had 4257. I'm sure most of that is people googling images though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I definitely had nowhere close to that. I did like that post, too, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!