December 11, 2012

Book Review-- On Christmas Hill by Nichole Chase

I am not always one for the cute, sweet story with romance.  They are usually pretty predictable and I find that boring.  I often have a hard time really getting into them.  On Christmas Hill is the exception.  

It is a cute, sweet story about a girl named Molly Nichols who inherits an estate called Christmas Hill from her aunt whom she had been in contact with, but had never met.  Her aunt's wish is that she spend at least one Christmas there before she thinks about selling it.  Once she arrives, she finds a sexy groundskeeper, Nate, and a yard full of reindeer.  For the next week Nate takes it upon himself to reveal the magic of Christmas Hill and get Molly to believe in the magic, too.  

I liked Nate in that he was not just some sexy jock or some handsome carpenter or a brainless model- he had character.  He had a big heart.   He had dimension, as did Molly and that is not easy to create in a short story.  I really got into the setting as well.  I liked the secondary characters and I liked the little town nearby.  

My only complaint is that I wanted more!  I liked being at Christmas Hill.   It felt warm and cozy and happy.   This is a really wonderful Christmas short story.  I really recommend it.

There is a giveaway going on now to win a copy of On Christmas Hill.  Click here to enter!

2 comments:

  1. bermudaonion(Kathy)December 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM

    I love books that leave me wanting more! This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Kathy! They are the best kind. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I read every single comment and try my best to reply to all of them. Thanks so much! You rock!! :)