November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Authors/Books I am Thankful For


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  

This Thanksgiving week the theme is Ten Books or Authors You are Thankful For.

Since I did a list for my birthday of the 33 best books of my life this past week, all of which I am thankful for, I am going to go with authors for this meme.  I am selecting those authors who I have read the most often because I heart them so hard.

1. Jane Austen.  Obviously.
2. Michelle Moran.  Also obviously.
3. James Patterson.  Don't hate.
4. Edgar Allan Poe
5. F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. Philippa Gregory
7. William Shakespeare
8. Toni Morrison
9. Maya Angelou
10. Barbara Kingsolver


Who would be on your list of authors you are most thankful for?

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if I can come up with ten but my favorites are:


    J R R Tolkien: The Lord of the Rings, etc
    Susan Mayse: Awen
    Edith Pargeter: The Brothers of Gwyeneth, The Heaven Tree
    Richard Adams: Watership Down
    Sandra Dallas: Tallgrass, The Diary of Mattie Spencer

    C S Lewis: The Chronicles of Narnia
    Forrest Carter: The Education of Little Tree
    Catharine Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  2. bermudaonion(Kathy)November 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM

    Great list! I would add Adriana Trigiana, Sarah Pekkanen and more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will respectfully not comment on your choice of James Patterson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I especially like Austen, Poe & Kingsolver.

    http://eclecticbooksandmovies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was hard to narrow them down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara Michaels/Elizabeth Peters definitely. Lisa Kleypas and Mary Stewart. Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I read every single comment and try my best to reply to all of them. Thanks so much! You rock!! :)